• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to Paint a 150 ft Batman mural

weaselboogie

http://www.tor.com/blogs/2012/07/this-is-how-you-paint-a-150-foot-tall-batman

attachment.php

Attachments

• Dark-Knight-Rises_Dan-Cohen_13.jpg
    Dark-Knight-Rises_Dan-Cohen_13.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 101

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Whoa.

That's very cool. I have to wonder what the cost of that would be, vs the cost of printing and hanging that...

Flame

So he said they pounced it on... someone has to help a noob here. I've pounced and painted smaller wall signs, like 15' across, and 2 stories up it was a pain in the butt to hold the paper in place to pounce it correctly. So how the **** do they pounce out a 150' tall design???

CanuckSigns

how on earth would you be able to do the shading and all the detail when you are so close to the wall? you would have no way of seeing the big picture!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I know it said pounced, but it looks more like it was drawn on. There are pounced areas, but we'll just take their word on it.

Typically, one would use a grid of a small picture and then transfer that small grid into the larger grid on the wall. Once you have everything painted in, you can move onto the next grid/box. Kinda like creating a large coloring book effect.

SD&F

That's cool to look at.....not good to think about theses days. That B--t--d ruined life
for so many people(not Batman)