• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how to screen-print on glass

arzu

Printing on glass using screenprinting:

There are kinds of ink which attach to glass nicely, even paper-ink.
However, try to put it in a bucket filled with water and see if the next day you picture is still on the glass.
For quite a while we used a well-looking ink on a glass, but when we tried the water-test when a supplier told us, and I was in shock.. Lucky for us it was an indoor purpose...

this is the way to get it fixed
1-find the glass-topside by dripping water on it. Use the side where the drop spreads best.
2-screenprint with 2-component inkt (e.g. TCI8700 ink with glass-hardener)
3 -heat it up to 140 deg half an hour (if the object fits in your oven) .
The above gives the best results as far as I know.
Better is to use ceramic ink, but than you need a special oven (high temp)

By the way I do not know how UV ink attaches to glass (and if it can withstand washing machines). We simply never tried, and we do not have a flatbed printer (yet)

TammieH

We use to use Nazdar 5900 Enamel, don't over thin it

Its pretty much the same as using One Shot Enamel

arzu

i thinkt the nazdar inks might be about the same quality als the visprox TCI8700. We use this ink for many purposes. However sometimes it gets tricky. When e.g. printing on chrome, on (closed) anodized aluminum, and other difficult substrates we sometimes struggle. In most cases TCI works with some additive. Anyway, whenever I get problems, i could try Nazdar also.
By the way it always helps to heat the products up to 150 deg celcius after printing. (if the material can handle these temps of course)

Techman

1-find the glass-topside by dripping water on it. Use the side where the drop spreads best.

Glass is made by pouring it onto a molten tank of metal. The metal side has contaminates. The air side is cleaner.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Interesting post. We have never tried. I am curious now if our UV inks would stick to glass.