• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question How to ship Foam-cor?

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
We use these protectors specifically. We have a custom shized box we stock for the 24x36 (box is 25.5x37.5x2") but you might be able to get away with a 26x38x2" box.

Sandwich the foam core with two pieces of 24.25x36.25" cardboard before adding the foam corners.

Put GLASS stickers all over the box (not fragile, as that doesn't work as well)

We ship orders like this daily with very few issues.

Foam Frame Protectors - 4 1/2 x 1 3/4 x 4 1/2" S-6066 - Uline

If you just want us to do it, you can order them here: Foam Board - 3/16" (you'll have to get ahold of us for shipping since it's going to so many different addresses. Shipping will be actual cost + $6.50 per box for the packaging. We can give you a firm quote with an address list before you place your order.)

Last edited:

GlavinID

I worked at FedEx or many years, I've seen it all. This is what I've learned.

Corner protectors are very important, I like these ones here, they get put on individually and help keep the prints separated. Then you need to put in a good quality oversized box with lots of bubble wrap. I suggest using smaller bubble wrap closest to the prints, then larger bubble wrap.Also, putting extra cardboard in the box outside of the bubble wrap will help with strength. Just remember, that the objective is that the prints do not get damaged getting stepped on, or thrown around, if you pack it good enough they will be fine.And putting lots of FRAGILE stickers on things helps remind the couriers to try to be more careful with them. Also remember to insure the pieces.

boxerbay

problem with shipping foamcore is you end up spending more money on the box and shipping than the actual print on foamcore. print on FC $24 + box and packing $25 + shipping $25.00 = $74.00