• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to strip emulsion?

Marlene

I don't know about you, but i have used the scrub pads that come with this chemicals for over 4 years with no problem. Never had a problem with cleaning screans, ink or ghost images, and my screens are always clean. I mean yes you have to replace to scrub pads once they are worn out like every other one.

I never have used any kind of scrubber on a screen. are you using film on a roll or applying an emulsion directly onto the screen? I haven't made a screen in years, but I always used the stuff on a roll. you just wet the screen, put the film on the back and when it dries, pull off the clear backing. that kind of emulsion came off really great with the remover. all I had to do was wash the screen of all ink, apply the remover to the film and then just blew it out with a pressure washer. maybe the other stuff or newer stuff is harder to work with.

tomence

I use emulsion only, no films at all. I use DXP blue dual cure emuslion very easy to work with and it holds very good can do maybe 5000pcs without braking.

tomence

What i do is clean 30-50 screens at a time and coat all of them and store them in a dark room with ventilation on. And i am good like for 2-3 weeks. Once everything is used then clean them again all of them it takes me probably around 2 hours to clean them and another hour to coat them with emulsion.

G-Artist

I bought some crap from franmar at a trade show. Most interested in their ghost remover stuff. Not a thing they sold me worked so I called them and complained. A month later a sales rep stopped by (one of the guys from the show). Gave him 3 screens we had just reclaimed to play with. His chemicals couldn't touch it. Ulano haze paste remover cleaned them fine but I was interested in a less toxic solution. Anyway, he gave me this scrub pad along with a holder with a handle. It didn't wear all that long and it left tiny fibers in my mesh. Of course, we didn't catch that untl AFTER we burned the screen, set up the press and pulled the first print.

NEVER AGAIN!!!!