• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to talk to unhappy employee’s.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
She was qualified. I don't have a problem with being overweight or female. Up here, we can't discriminate.... even back then. She was talkative and seemed fine. I wasn't intending to send her out on a ladder. I don't think we had any with the weight limit being addressed formally, but she had worked for another sign shop. I did not follow up by calling them, but even then, you couldn't say anything derogatory about someone looking for hire.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It should be..... EVERYWHERE, with all these crazy, nasty loonies running around lately.

Stacey K

I like making signs
For now I keep a scissor in my back pocket and have my can of Raid handy by my computer. So far, I've only reached for my Raid a couple times but never actually touched the can to use it LOL

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
For now I keep a scissor in my back pocket and have my can of Raid handy by my computer. So far, I've only reached for my Raid a couple times but never actually touched the can to use it LOL
I pack blades in my Carhartts. Quick draw out of the side pocket.

JBurton

Signtologist
I pack blades in my Carhartts. Quick draw out of the side pocket.
Yeah, those snap off knives are pretty reassuring to have all the time, and more often than not security doesn't see it as a knife if you toss it down with pens and keys.

Humble PM

If I'm lucky, one day I'll be a Eudyptula minor
Olfa 30degrees almost live in my back pocket. Then they migrate to the door pocket of the car on the way home. Every blue moon, they mass migrate back home to the work space.
More than once they've presented themselves at the bar when pulling out my wallet. To be fair they're often accompanied by an automatic (pencil) and a squeegee.

With all the animals we have around here, you almost need to have a gun ready. Those little olfa knives and staplers aren't going to do much to anybody. I live in back of a working farm and that creates a lot of critters running around. My shop is close to town so not as many here and most of my customers are easy to get along with. You people have some dillies for customers if you're threatening them with guns and knives. If you're threatening your employees with the same tools you go after customers with might might want to consider another line of work.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
For the record, I've never had to threaten anybody - but it's piece of mind when I'm holding down the studio all by my lonesome.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
HA. We had an employee one time who wanted to buck the boss (my boyfriend). He kept telling my bf that he wasn't going to wrap a particular car unless they took it apart. The BF wasn't having it. He kept telling the guy he wasn't going to take the car apart. The guy decided to make his stand at that moment. A bit of a backstory. my bf's daughter looked him up after we hired him and it turned out he was a stalker from another state. He would come up to our shop early before we got there and he would sit in the parking lot and hang out. One of the girls in another shop was really uncomfortable with him around because he would always stare her down. Her boss had told us about it. We also noticed on security cameras that he was meeting customers on weekends outside the shop. We lost several sales for roof wraps, and hood wraps because he was talking to customers outside when we were inside.
The very last day he was there, he was talking poop to the bf and the bf pulled out that yellow knife and started clicking the blade in and out. he backed up and left really fast. we saw him one more time for him to return the work shirts and we never saw him again.

The young girl in the adjacent shop was relieved.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Gosh Geneva, that's kinda scary having a stalker working for you! LOL

If it's dark out, the door is locked. When the lights are on inside and it's dark out it's almost impossible to see who is outside banging on the door until I get right up to the glass.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I just read yesterday that a guy died from a rooster attacking him. He took the rooster in after it attacked some kid. The rooster got him in the back of the leg and he bled to death.

Hopefully you have some of those leather pants to protect yourself! LOL