• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to test Mimaki CJV150

UB Studios

Im looking at buying a used cjv150-160, I know how to run a basic printhead test to make sure it has no clogs.

Q1) it is currently setup as CMYK + 2 whites + Light Cyan/Magenta ... how do i test the White? Would the printhead test show white stripes if I print on a clear vinyl?

Q2) I want to run a test print to make sure it all works as it should but their laptop with rasterlink is currently unavailable and they cant find the discs. Is it possible to run any prints without Rasterlink?

Q3) is it possible to have the printer tell me the run time or how much its been used? if so, how?

Thanks for any and all help,

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
1. The machine has a special nozzle check that prints black and then white on top. It will show any missing white nozzles just like a normal nozzle check. It's in the same menu as the regular nozzle check so the person you are buying from should know how to do one for you.

2. You can download and use Rasterlink for about 60 days as a trial. That should allow you to get a test print made. Any other Rip would work as well.

3. Tell the seller to go into the main menu and then open the Information Menu. In that menu is an item called Usage that will display things like Print Length, Print Area, and Up time.

UB Studios

1. The machine has a special nozzle check that prints black and then white on top. It will show any missing white nozzles just like a normal nozzle check. It's in the same menu as the regular nozzle check so the person you are buying from should know how to do one for you.

2. You can download and use Rasterlink for about 60 days as a trial. That should allow you to get a test print made. Any other Rip would work as well.

3. Tell the seller to go into the main menu and then open the Information Menu. In that menu is an item called Usage that will display things like Print Length, Print Area, and Up time.
Thanks for all the help. I'm buying it off a business owner who is clueless with regards to the machine and the guy who ran the printer for them is gone. I'll download rasterlink and get that trial going. Is the white nozzle check/usage info easy to find in the menu if I click around?

John Testa

On the Local display there is an option to do a direct test print. It will print a small one inch block of all the colors loaded. White is prone to being clogged so watch out.