• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How would I do this font effect??

raw191

I'm trying to creat text to fit on the top of a car window. I need the top of the text flat, while the bottom arches up, fitting the window tinting that's there. Can flexi 7.6 do this? I've looked in the distort shapes, and there's arched and curved, but nothing with a straight top and flat bottom. HELP!! Thanks.

Ross

Pat Whatley

Flexi does that.

In the "DISTORT" tools theres one that looks like a flat line on the bottom and a curve going up from the top. Select your text, select that distort tool, then click the clockwise rotation button on your Design Central pallette twice. That makes it arc the bottom instead of the top. More your handles in and Viola!

os101king

man, good question! I've been using my effects in Omega then transferring just to get the right arc.... i actually cut out strips at different radii to check against windshields... i would then manually enter the value into Omega. I'll try this now that I'm a Flexi slave. with that method, pat, you're basically going by eye though, correct?