• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how would i do this??...speckled flake look

i have printed on the gerber using the special effects films by r-tape, just never on the roland.

i do like the idea of the speckled effect laminate though......i have requested a sample...i just hope i don't have to buy in a full roll of it as i would only need about a 1/4 roll at most.

cdiesel

We've used a lot of the MacTac enhancers.. a little thicker than standard cast lam (it has to be, as it actually has glass shards in the lam), but very nice. Looks like metallic paint when you're done.

Had a shop truck done in it for about 18 months, and everyone always asked if it was paint.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I recently got a 24" x 10yd roll of Avery (shudder) Supercast 900 Ultra Metallic silver to experiment with for this look. They also have it in white and according to Avery's site it is available in up to 48" rolls. Since it's a cut vinyl its not guaranteed free of contaminants but so far I've found that it prints great. :) Tough to photograph it well - it is VERY metallic. White or silver should do very well for print without affecting color much. I tired a sample of the metallic laminate but just was not as happy with the effect.

Attachments

• metallic.jpg
    metallic.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 90

Fontgeek

If you want to do this in Illustrator, you can make a "Scatter Brush" in the "Brushes" pallet. You can make a small polygon or shape and create the brush from that, you can set the scaling, the rotation, the spacing and spread, and set the color choices to "Tint". That color choice lets the brushed color be whatever your stroke color is. You can change the weight on your stroke (after you have drawn it) to change the size of the whole effect on just that stroke, and you can apply many "brushed" lines to achieve the desired look and color(s) 'till the customer is happy. You can save off pallets of brushes for later use. You can change the settings on a brush and have Illustrator apply the changes to the lines you already have it applied to, or let it leave those alone and only apply it to brushed lines created afterwords.
You can expand those brushed lines for cutting and or editing/fine tuning.