• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How would one go about recreating this?

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Tried CorelDRAW envelope but still not as exact as I'd expect.
Tried quick trace too. Still not accurate enough.
Possibly a 3D program?
Maybe a plug-in or macro?
Ought to be a way to create a grid of circles then fit them to a globe or sphere shape. Although this one seems to only follow horizontally i.e. doesn't "bend" or "arc" at the north and south pts.

upload_2019-12-12_14-1-29.png

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
while I appreciate being mentioned, I would not be able to trace the blobs at the top and bottom poles or the skinny circles along the edges. They are far too pixelated

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Your original had 10 rows. This one only has 7 rows, which is really distorting them. However, it looks like ya almost got it........... :thumb:

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Thank you Vector Doctor I feel so much better now! Even though I hate illustrator i shall give it a whirl.
:dog42:

citysignshop

If you don't mind me asking, how did you accomplish this in Flexi?
I also tried in Flexi....using the 'distort' function. had to do it once, then rotate 90 degrees, do again, as the envelope was not a perfect sphere.
didn't quite nail it. often I find you need to put the object inside another, larger shape so that all the distortion doesn't happen right at the edges.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Did it quick in flexi, I think I did too many balls in a ball

Pretty darn close. But see how towards the North and South the row of circles seem to be on an arc. I believe it's more "true" this way but the one I have seems to be more horizontal.

d fleming

Played with circles in Signlab for just a few seconds, might be able to pull it off with more time. Fit to globe vertical tool.

Attachments

• globe.jpg
    globe.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 381

myront

CorelDRAW is best
2 minutes in Flexi. If you need details I guess I could make a video or something, but it's real easy.

I have Flexi on one of my workstations. We only use it for Print Manager (RIP). With that said, yes, I'd like to see how it is done in Flexi.
As for other suggestion as to finding the image, that wasn't a problem. The problem is that it's an image, as in, not vector! This one in particular is used in a client's logo and the company cannot produce an original vector version of their logo. Well, actually they did but I can easily see that it was nothing more than a quick trace of the image first given. So yes, I am always looking to hone my skills as a designer and would really like to learn how it was done in the first place.

player

Manually creating that graphic is quite doable. Set up some grid lines and hand distort each circle one at a time.

myront

CorelDRAW is best

You're fired! Pack your things and leave immediately.