• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions How would you approach this?

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
How do you form the pan? I understand you bend all corners with a sheet metal break, but how do you make it seamless without slits in the corners once all the corners are bent? Do you weld them and sand them smooth? Also, how would you accomplish the pan for something like the attached image? Thank you

Kerf cut angle so it forms around radius, weld and/or epoxy kerf-cut return to face

MikePro

How do you form the pan? I understand you bend all corners with a sheet metal break, but how do you make it seamless without slits in the corners once all the corners are bent? Do you weld them and sand them smooth? Also, how would you accomplish the pan for something like the attached image? Thank you
you don't need to bend metal to make a pan, but people tend to for square signs because it saves on welding time. Otherwise, you form letter returns by bending/rolling aluminum strips, and weld it from the backside. .... seams are dealt-with by filling&sanding, or simply hiding in a corner you won't see.

Billct2

The customer isn't always right. That's a nice looking bench and anything done to it will ruin it. And the point that the first person to sit on it will block the message is correct. And finally I'll it's not just the bench, but the whole area that is non smoking. So that column to the right should be utilized somehow to make a multi sided sign that prohibits smoking in the area. Or mount another post to the left with the signs.

TimToad

Yes, weld the corners together from the back and grind then sand them smooth from the front. A round or other shaped one would have to be done from a flat piece cut to the circle and a band the same depth and long enough to go around the entire circumference and welded. Like a channel letter.