• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How would you attack this?

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
Could use some good input on the best strategy for accomplishing this. Will be coving most of this hood with Matte Black color change, the center rise will be exposed paint with the sides covered. Will use knifeless on the open runs but the customer wants the the six small indents reversed out individually to show the Red paint. So I'm wondering on the best approach? TIA

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Hood2.jpg
    Hood2.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 115
  • Hood3.jpg
    Hood3.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 115

Nuagedesigns

Either knifeless tape or you may get a better look with actually wrapping those indents with the black then overlaying a gloss red the shape of the indents. Might take a couple trial pcs to get the shape exact but that's what I would do. Cut with the plotter. And then all 6 would be identical and symmetrical.

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
I would run knifeless tape around the whole shape then back inside of it, leaving quite a bit so you've got enough to pull it. Then put a strip of premask over the end of the tape and wrap the whole hood normally. Go pack and pick the vinyl up a little over the premask and cut a hole (while vinyl is lifted, NOT on the vehicle) until you can peel off the premask and have access to the end of the tape. Then pull and cut like you would normally with knifeless tape.

I have no idea if that would be a common approach for this but that's what I would do.

Thanks folks and this was the approach I had in mind.