• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How would you create this effect?

heyskull

How would you create this effect?
I realise this is just Stencil font but it looks like it has chunks and bits out of the edges.
Almost grungy.

Thanks
SC

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-12-22-21-15~2.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-12-22-21-15~2.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 107

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
As a quickie, the "Sprayed Stroke" filter in Photoshop will give a similar look. 3rd party filters might get you even closer.

peavey123

The grunginess is actually a font. It's a free font called Top secret.

As for the effects. It's all photoshop. For the brushed metal look, You will want to fill the text with a light grey or gradient. Then EFFECTS > NOISE. Then BLUR > MOTION BLUR. For the bevel Double-click on your layer. Select bevel option you'll have to play with the settings. The outline looks is created using the contour part of the bevel options.

Good luck.

peavey123

Here. did this in a couple minutes as explained in my first post.

Attachments

• ind-fitness.jpg
    ind-fitness.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 122

peavey123

Sorry player, no offence. i just don't see the point of recommending a plug-in to someone to create something so simple. Even if they did go ahead and get alien skin. Now you got them putting the cheesiest of cheesy effects on EVERYTHING! That's not cool man! We're supposed to help the sign community not hinder it with cheesiness! Lol

Oh sorry. Skillz is...super powers that you can develop over time. Think x-men, but to a lesser extreme. So even youcan shoot lasers out of your eyes if you practice hard enough. Real talk.