• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How would you make these signs?

Mosh

If you can do the screen printing in house that will be way cheaper, if you have to outsource it then by all means vinyl. We do vinyl stuff up to around 15 then screening them becomes the less expensive prodution method (we have an in house screen operation)
Setting up and shooting three screens, about and hour, running would be 12 1/2 minutes per color, ink would run $5 total if that. Figure 10 minutes taping up the screens and cleaning up after each color. So about two and a half to three hours total (plus drying time). No way you can cut and weed and tape and apply all that in three hours, plus using over 50' of film and tape.

Like I say if you have all of this in house. We have all of the screen, emulsion, ink, degreaser, thinner, cleaner, the press to print on, drying racks, squeegies, clamps.
All of this costs to have too, so if you had to start from scratch it would be costly.

Malkin

Thanks, Monday I will get a quote from Grimco for screenprinting, then I'll decide.

Thanks all for your opinions (and keep 'em coming if you want). I know this is a fairly simple job, I thought it would be beneficial to me and others to have a discussion on it.

Also, FWIW: I priced these (and got pre-payment) as if they were cast cut vinyl, but there was no discussion with the customer on the method of production or longevity. (The 5+ years figure is just what we have usually told customers, if they should ask, on signs of this type)

Edit: I did avoid discussing actual pricing because this is in the public forum.

Gene@mpls

Screenprint - Grimco can quote you on that.

Plus three for Grimco- especially if you are getting the blanks from them.
They are easy to work with and very conscious of doing the right thing. They
replaced 25 .040 RC 12x18 blanks that were dented in whatever machine they
used to punch them without question- just sent out 25 more without picking
up the slightly dented ones. I buy painted blanks from them for my city
public works dept- whenever anything is damaged it is replace immediately.