• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Howdy! A nosy norwegian enters your world ;)

Myte

Hi there, fellow signmakers :D

Yup, I'm a 29 year old female from Norway who've just started with this. It all started with me wanting to make a scrapbooked(?) photoalbum for my newborn, and asked my mom. She introduced me to the scrapbooking world. I got hooked, and ended up with exploring the oppertunities that were there.

But since I am a graphic designer, I wanted to make use of my skills and figured that I wanted to buy a cutter (CraftRobo, Graphtech) to save money. Saw no meaning in buying ex. alphabeths in dies,when I had x numers of fonts on my own computer.

After a year with the little cutter (which cuts 9" x --> Not even the same width as scrapbookingpaper, which is 12" - go figure.. o_O ) I figured I had to try the vinyl, and started to make simple windowdecorations and also templates(?) for glas etching.

In the longer run, this wasn't really fun enough. It was a cutter based for hobbyuse - I had started to get bigger ambitions - I liked the work with vinyl, why not make a living?

With that choice made, I bought a used SummaCut D60 and 16 rolls of vinyl + all other equipment she had for $ 2,120. Dunno if that's expensive or cheap, but it's mine now - and I'm all happy happy joy joy.

Happy, but full of eager to learn - and this is how I bumped over you.
Hi folks!

:thumb:

Apart from that, my interests are various. Creating designs is egually hobby and work. I play the clarinet, I love scrapbooking. I do needlebinding, which is what ex. the vikings did before knitting came to Norway. I'm a geek and do love my Photshop and Illustrator. My wacom tablet is close to my heart and I embrace the oppertunity it gives my to do digital painting. In sum - I'm a creative soul ;)

welcome! i have been to norway 5 times and it is the best place on earth with the best people anyone can meet!(and i have travelled all over the world).........

this place is a great place to hangout and get some great information and get inspired!

SignManiac

Welcome. I think Norway has some of the best cliffs to base jump off of. You're lucky they're so close. If I lived there, I would jump all the time.

Myte

Thank you everyone.
@SignManiac: Hehe, well, I'm afraid of heights. Not a good combo :p But I'm sure it's fantastic for those who like such, as yourself ^^

Last edited:

natedawg9640

Welcome from Wisconsin. I'm of Norwegian descent, (grandmother come over on a boat)

Actually just had Lutefisk for the first time this year. Terrible stuff. lol

Myte

@natedawg9640: Really? That's neat. Do you know where in the country she came from? Oh, lutefisk, hehe. Well, I think norwegian-americans / americans makes a whole bigger deal of it then it really is here in Norway. There are those who truely like it (use in different dishes) but I believe most are like you regarding the taste. And myself :p

Myte

What do you peeps think of the price that I gave for a used SummaCut D60 and 16 rolls of vinyl + all other equipment she had for $ 2,120?