• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 315 black ink not drying

EffectiveCause

Premium Subscriber
I am not sure what you mean by this question? Please clarify.

Latex ink is a different than most other inks. Too much and the output becomes milking looking. I have tested adding various output percentages of CMY to 100% output K and have not found any combination to give a better black than 100% output K only. Might be some combination of output CMY percentage with with lower than 100% output K percentage that might possible work but I have never see it.
With Latex ink? What is your output build that you can achieve that? Is it really deeper than the 100% K of your calibration target?

You got me questioning this, so I decided to do some test prints when I got back into the shop today. While 100C 100Y 100M 100K was slightly darker than 100K; I don't think its noticeable enough to be worth printing it that way. But Im not sure why you are getting milky prints as I did not have that issue.

dypinc

You got me questioning this, so I decided to do some test prints when I got back into the shop today. While 100C 100Y 100M 100K was slightly darker than 100K; I don't think its noticeable enough to be worth printing it that way. But Im not sure why you are getting milky prints as I did not have that issue.

Where did you set the 100% K? Output, Input or Input with CM off? And did you compare your black with the calibration target black.

EffectiveCause

Premium Subscriber
Where did you set the 100% K? Output, Input or Input with CM off? And did you compare your black with the calibration target black.

I set it on the output. But like I said the difference was barely notable. You would have to be looking for it. Definitely wouldn't be able to notice in just passing.

Andy D

I created a new ICC profile using the profile that HP created for our material as a base..
and I found their profile's ink limit / ink restrictions were way too high, which not only wastes
a lot of ink, but also caused drying issues like yours.
The quick work around, as others have said, is higher passes & I also print uni-directional... it
gives the ink more time to dry.