Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP 360 Need urgent help for used 360 print test before purchase

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by jimmmi, Aug 6, 2019.

1. jimmmi

jimmmi Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Athens Greece
    Hello I am about to buy a used 360 latex. I attached photos of the print test. I would like from owners to tell me if the test is ok or has problems. It has 40.000m² printed and 280.000ml ink. Are these huge numbers or normal? Please reply asap!
    Thank you in advance

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  2. flyplainsdrifta

flyplainsdrifta Active Member

Oct 13, 2017
    ct
    looks relatively normal. i run a 560 so unless its wildly different, which im fairly sure it isnt, it should be okay. keep in mind those heads are user replaceable and cheap so you may want to drop a new set of heads in there to start fresh at 0 on everything. id watch it in operation if possible to see if there are any strange happenings.

3. jimmmi

jimmmi Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Athens Greece
    Thanks for replying. 38.000m² is it normal? I mean would it go more?
    Also in photo 2 and 4 there is something like fading in the middle of the horizontally lines. Is it normal?

4. jwlllpl

jwlllpl Member

May 6, 2016
    Florida
    If this is attached to a pc I would open the HP device software using the IP address. This has a wealth of information about the printer. Previous ink and substrate usage. Maintenance needs. Error codes if any are also listed.

• Like Like x 2
  5. flyplainsdrifta

Oct 13, 2017
    ct
    that is a fairly high volume but if the machine has been well maintained it should be okay. also what he said about the ips ^^

• Like Like x 1
  6. BluetailGFX

BluetailGFX Journeyman

Dec 3, 2018
    Florida
    The print head alignment looks normal.

That machine appears to have ran some serious material in its life........ About twice what mine has.

Ask if they have had the Maint Service #2, or Maint Service #3, and how long ago were those? You want a yes on both with that much ink and substrate ran through it.....

Has the Post Heater element been replaced?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. flyplainsdrifta

Oct 13, 2017
    ct
    ^^ that too

• Like Like x 1
  8. jwlllpl

jwlllpl Member

May 6, 2016
    Florida
    Those numbers are slightly lower than what we have. We did a Maintenance 3 and heat element two months ago and we have been thru two Maintenance 2 since we got it. All of this information will be in the IP software. It tells you when to replace Maintenance 2 and 3 by showing percentage used. Error codes are handy to show if a part is going bad or has been replaced.

• Like Like x 1
  9. jimmmi

jimmmi Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Athens Greece
    I've uploaded some info from the server. Please check and let me know
    (They are in German but I think someone owns this printer will understand)

Attached Files:

10. jwlllpl

jwlllpl Member

May 6, 2016
    Florida
    Service Maintenance Kit 2 is 15% and Kit 3 is 44%. Both of these numbers will vary depending on your usage too. Click the usage tab to get ink and substrate usage to date.

11. jimmmi

jimmmi Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Athens Greece
    So the 15% and 44% are good? Meaning it has life to print? Sorry for my questions but it's the first time with latex

12. jwlllpl

jwlllpl Member

May 6, 2016
    Florida
    Yes .. you still have print life before changing kit 2. We had service done for kit 3 so they did a thorough cleaning at that time. I would also recommend extended warranty as parts can get costly. My next assessment would be the cleanliness of area kept in and general cleanliness of the machine itself. The cooling and heating fans should be kept as dust free as possible. We are very happy with our printer to date.

13. jimmmi

jimmmi Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Athens Greece
    How much costs Maintenance 1 2 and 3?

14. jwlllpl

jwlllpl Member

May 6, 2016
    Florida
    Kit 2 is Approx $140 usd. Kit 3 is based on whether you have warranty or not. We were getting a part replaced under warranty and our tech noticed we were at 85% so he just did the kit 3 too. Not sure of the the cost for that. OEM ink cartridges approx $119 each and print heads approx $121 each. Some places offer deals if you buy full set.

15. jimmmi

jimmmi Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Athens Greece
    A friend mentioned about t"Post Heater element been replaced?"
    What does he mean? Does it show on the photos I sent?

16. jwlllpl

jwlllpl Member

May 6, 2016
    Florida
  17. jimmmi

jimmmi Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Athens Greece
    How many liters of Ink lasts each printhead? I've read that LC/LM are damaging more often. Also ink+printhead replacement cost is it equal to eco solvents inks? Supposed that one day a printhead will be needed for the eco-solvent

18. ikarasu

ikarasu Very Active Member

Jun 10, 2016
    Port Coquitlam, bc
    We get 3-4 liters per head... I believe the warranty is 1, and 2-3 is average.

You're in greece, so I don't know your cost. But a head is a consumable and costs $100 here...Ink + printhead is comparable to solvent...depending on the machine. There's 20+ main solvent printers out there. If you need to replace a solvent head, you're looking at 3-4K because you need a tech.. maybe more in greece. But solvent heads dont fail often, unless you get head strikes.

Ask the company who services their printer - Call them up and ask them all this information... USA prices will vary greatly compared to your prices. And if theres no local tech... I wouldn't touch it, when / if something breaks it'll be hell to get it repaired.

Most of the stuff your asking, no one on here will be of help... We don't know what prices are like in your country. You may not be able to get ink and have to fly it in, which would make it cost 5x as much for all we know... your best bet is to ask your local distributor these questions and see what they say.

19. jimmmi

jimmmi Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Athens Greece
    Thanks for replying.
    We have hp ink and heads also I'm Greece. No problem with that. Also have STS ink for hp. Just wondering about the cost etc. One prosis that hp doesn't spent so much ink for cleaning circles when idle as ive read.

20. Bly

Bly Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2004
    Sydney
    360s are great. We have 2 of them.