• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 360 Need urgent help for used 360 print test before purchase

Dukenukem117

Thanks for replying.
We have hp ink and heads also I'm Greece. No problem with that. Also have STS ink for hp. Just wondering about the cost etc. One prosis that hp doesn't spent so much ink for cleaning circles when idle as ive read.

I don't know of anyone who has actually had luck with STS inks (or any 3rd party latex ink). So let us know if it works for you, lol.

jimmmi

But if nobody (to my knowledge) uses them successfully, then they aren't really available are they?
This is a good question. Also there are some SAM ink with refiling. It seems very extreme to me for am HP to work with bulk system etc

Dukenukem117

This is a good question. Also there are some SAM ink with refiling. It seems very extreme to me for am HP to work with bulk system etc

Based on my emails with STS, they are not able to get pass the chip reader on the 560 (which is what I have). They claim their cartridges work on the 360 however (its the same cartridge) but they can't do 3L boxes for the 570 (yet). I don't have a 570, but I didn't think the 3L boxes had a chip to be read so I don't quite get why they can't get it to work. I know 2CTmedia has tried all kinds of inks and have never found a replacement for the OEM.

jimmmi

I also saw some videos that they refill the printheads with something. What they are refilling? Do the printheads have any ink inside them?

Dukenukem117

I also saw some videos that they refill the printheads with something. What they are refilling? Do the printheads have any ink inside them?

No idea. They shouldn't be refilling printheads, only cartridges if at that.

But I'd listen to 2CT media. I don't know what the upper limit is for these printers, but for reference: our 560 was purchased used for ~$10k and it came with Onyx 12.1. It has about 50k mL of ink run through it in total. The one you are looking at has many times that. Considering a brand new printer is 15k, I wouldn't pay more than 5k.

jimmmi

No idea. They shouldn't be refilling printheads, only cartridges if at that.

But I'd listen to 2CT media. I don't know what the upper limit is for these printers, but for reference: our 560 was purchased used for ~$10k and it came with Onyx 12.1. It has about 50k mL of ink run through it in total. The one you are looking at has many times that. Considering a brand new printer is 15k, I wouldn't pay more than 5k.
I know it has many thousands printed. How should we know the upper lit of these printer? For example if it's 50.000m² or 100.000m² for example?

jimmmi

Thank you all for your great support and I go. I will proceed to the purchase. I hope I won't have problems. I will need help also in feature as I am new to latex