Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hp 570 Ink Limits

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by crystalcoastgraphics, Apr 18, 2017.

1. crystalcoastgraphics

crystalcoastgraphics Member

Sep 30, 2011
    North Carolina
    So we purchased a 570 a couple months ago, and have a question about ink limits. We primarily only do wraps, and am having a hard time with the film whitening very badly with very little stretch. Doesn't matter if we use the Avery 1105 or 3M IJ180cv3. It does it the same with both. Our current ink limits are set to 110 and printing with 10 pass. This is what the tech setup when he was here and said it would work well with wraps. Does anyone else have experience as to what a good ink limit would be, and would that increase the amount of stretch before it loses color? I am assuming that it would be the same with a 360 or 560, what do you guys use for your ink limits and what pass?

I am creating a new profile now with 130 and 150 ink limits and printing in 12pass to see how that works

Tags:
  2. papabud

papabud Lone Wolf

Mar 7, 2016
    Toledo, OH
    i use the 360 and print on 180-10cv3 also
    i use the 110 10 pass setting
    i use and over lam with it and dont have to much issue with whiting
    it holds it color but if i do stretch a little to much there is a slight color shift

3. Albion

Albion New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Canada
    We noticed the same problem on the IJ 480 Envision film also. ( latex version ). Not impressed.

4. crystalcoastgraphics

crystalcoastgraphics Member

Sep 30, 2011
    North Carolina
    I've used the 480 as well and same issue. I have never had this issue with our Roland's.

5. AKwrapguy

AKwrapguy Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Anchorage, AK
    I've not been impressed with 480 doesn't matter on eco-solvent or latex.

As far as the ink saturation and pass count maybe also try and bumping up the optimizer, do you think that heat setting in the curing unit is a factor in this situation?

6. PrintReadyFile

PrintReadyFile New Member

Aug 2, 2016
    Toronto
    You forget one simple thing... It's latex. Well, it's a plastic?&Water solution called latex. That means it gets sprayed on the surface and the water evaporates off leaving the pigment on top of the vinyl. Like most paints. When it is stretched, it is basically breaking apart the layer of ink on the surface, leaving gaps that you see as whitening.

With solvent, they use chemicals that seep into the vinyl... That's why it is softer, because it eats away at the vinyl a little. Therefore it saturates INTO the vinyl and when it stretches you don't see the media as much because it bled into the deeper layers of the vinyl. Like a stain.

So... Physics

• Like Like x 1