• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp 570 Ink Limits

So we purchased a 570 a couple months ago, and have a question about ink limits. We primarily only do wraps, and am having a hard time with the film whitening very badly with very little stretch. Doesn't matter if we use the Avery 1105 or 3M IJ180cv3. It does it the same with both. Our current ink limits are set to 110 and printing with 10 pass. This is what the tech setup when he was here and said it would work well with wraps. Does anyone else have experience as to what a good ink limit would be, and would that increase the amount of stretch before it loses color? I am assuming that it would be the same with a 360 or 560, what do you guys use for your ink limits and what pass?

I am creating a new profile now with 130 and 150 ink limits and printing in 12pass to see how that works

papabud

Lone Wolf
i use the 360 and print on 180-10cv3 also
i use the 110 10 pass setting
i use and over lam with it and dont have to much issue with whiting
it holds it color but if i do stretch a little to much there is a slight color shift

Albion

We noticed the same problem on the IJ 480 Envision film also. ( latex version ). Not impressed.

AKwrapguy

I've used the 480 as well and same issue. I have never had this issue with our Roland's.

I've not been impressed with 480 doesn't matter on eco-solvent or latex.

As far as the ink saturation and pass count maybe also try and bumping up the optimizer, do you think that heat setting in the curing unit is a factor in this situation?

PrintReadyFile

You forget one simple thing... It's latex. Well, it's a plastic?&Water solution called latex. That means it gets sprayed on the surface and the water evaporates off leaving the pigment on top of the vinyl. Like most paints. When it is stretched, it is basically breaking apart the layer of ink on the surface, leaving gaps that you see as whitening.

With solvent, they use chemicals that seep into the vinyl... That's why it is softer, because it eats away at the vinyl a little. Therefore it saturates INTO the vinyl and when it stretches you don't see the media as much because it bled into the deeper layers of the vinyl. Like a stain.

So... Physics