• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 800W users…what are your thoughts?

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
HP 800W users/owners…

What are your thoughts on the machine?

Pros…
Cons…

I’m looking for real world info. I have a 570 and looking to go to the 800W.

Thanks in advance for your info.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Cons:
The printer have 2 white printheads, but the printer only use one or the other depending on the print settings. it only use both printheads at the same time if printing spot white.
I wouldn't really list is as a con. It's purely physics not possible to utilize the other heads at the same time (other than spot)..............

VTSigns

I would advise to steer clear. I've had a 700 and a 700w for almost a year and they have been a huge disaster. They constantly jam. I've had Latex since the very beginning (L25000 and 360's) and I love the technology but HP went backwards with this generation. Mine have been so bad that I've convinced HP to take both printers back. We are going back to the 365's. HP has a huge problem on their hands with this generation and they know it.

bigben

Just got my 700w last week. Already have the mainboard and hard drive changed. I'm starting real production tomorrow. I hope everything will go fine.

ikarasu

We've had the 700w for awhile.

We find it has less head rubs / crashes than the 500 does. We always use the edge guards though... Even though HP insists you don't have to. I don't see a reason not to, so why not be safe?

I hate not having a dancer bar on the take up. The first few weeks seeing the media jump every turn was scary .. but you get used to it, and it doesn't seem to be an issue.

We have no paneling issues or color issues, but then again we never did on the 560 either... So I can't say if it's better or not.

The heads are supposed to last longer.. so far our operators ruined 3 of them while learning the machine. But that's operator error... He's used to the 560, so he treats it like a 560...

White is slow. But this is our first white printer, so I can't say if it's slower than other white technologies. It does look great though, we've had one job so far in the past 6 months that used white... It's great to have because it doesn't use ink when not in use though.

The expected life time on white is scary though. No real worldmteat, but I guess we should do some and throw it outside and see.

It's a great printer, but yes it does feel rushed together. I'd still buy one... But I'd likely keep the extended warranty on it! (Like we plan on doing)

rzz112

lipa-helios
tomorrow we will get our 800w.
now we need some test files.
does anyone have good testfiles (incl. white channel)

Andi

Simon Peach

Out of Interest, how are you draining the ink from the maintenance cart? - Like yourselves, we're burning through them like no-ones business.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Out of Interest, how are you draining the ink from the maintenance cart? - Like yourselves, we're burning through them like no-ones business.
It would be even easier with a long rigid tube like a needle. Just stick it down there and suck.
Always make sure you still have some fresh roll left in the cartridge. Also make that patch white and make sure the rollers spin freely.

1649158938527.png
1649158965481.png