• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

hp 9000s error 1290

monny

started the printer today, did the cleaning and test, now come up with "system error 1290- power off/on". Turn off and on, same thing.

Last edited:

theretzlaff

your trailing cables are bad, i replaced my last week i think it was around $250, HP is out of them, order them from seiko they have them in stock.

HulkSmash

This actually means your print heads are running too hot. Make sure your Fans on your cartridge are working.

tbaker

that is printer error 120x not 1290

HP is pretty specific about these error codes since there are so many parts that can, and will go wrong.

From the service manual;
System Error: System Error 1290: End of Life of Part Reached
Problem Description: The end of life of the Prime Assembly has been reached since it has been working for more than 58 hours.
Corrective Action: Try the following: Replace the Prime Assembly ⇒ Page 8-155.

Last edited:

HIGHTEC

error code 1290... HP 9000

yes, I had a client that had the same problem, error code 1290 flash on the screen. Froze the machine up, you have to go into Main. Mode and reset counters.

Hightec Digital
Robert Bradley
Folsom, Ca
:cool1:

cheez_cb

hp 9000s

yes, I had a client that had the same problem, error code 1290 flash on the screen. Froze the machine up, you have to go into Main. Mode and reset counters.

Hightec Digital
Robert Bradley
Folsom, Ca
:cool1:

Hello, can you help me on how to reset the counter?
thanks

wunder

power up with holding Shift + Cancel
input maintenance Passwort
left right shift

scroll to counters with shift

thats it have fun

br
wunder