• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP discontinuing supplies 780, 790

tbullo

Superunknown
I just recieved the letter from HP saying they were discontinuing the supplies for 780 and 790 inks. Getting ink seems to be no problem. My question is are there any aftermarket cleaning supplies for the HP8000? Such as cap cleaning, wiper blade and the wiper cleaning sponge. Has anyone had luck finding these things? We have been on back order for a month now just to get a cap cleaning kit from HP.

WI

Seiko is the company that actually makes the HP 780 ink, so you could probably check and see if your distributor already sells Seiko products.

tbullo

Superunknown
Yes, we have switched to the Seiko inks some time ago. I called today about the cleaning supplies. Thats what I was looking for. They told me they are working on something and would let everyone know. They are back ordered with HP as well is what they told me.

jaferrer1

Has anyone change from hp 780 to seiko cartridges?

Hello!
Has anyone moved from the deceased HP 780 cartridges to Seiko SI cartridges? Highly appreciate if anyone can share about cons and pros of such experience. Thanks

Techman

keep all your old carts. Carefully remove the chip off the back.. carefully place that chip on the back of an after market chip in the right spot.
Away you go.

ddubia

Hello!
Has anyone moved from the deceased HP 780 cartridges to Seiko SI cartridges? Highly appreciate if anyone can share about cons and pros of such experience. Thanks

We have changed to Seiko inks. Seiko makes those HP printers so the ink is the same ink you get in an HP cartridge at a much reduced price. For us there have been no pros or cons. Switched cartridges as needed and nothing changed.

Chuck Osborne

cleaning fluids

I get cap and wiper cleaner from sam ink.
bigger bottles, less money. been using it for 2 years no problems.
I get tech swabs at soscleanroom.com (TX761). 21.00 a bag for a 100

tbullo

Superunknown
Do you get the wiper blade as well from Sam ink? How about the wiper sponge? Anybody have the Seiko printer part numbers for these parts?