• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L25500 Replace Motherboard?

catldavis

I have the opportunity to purchase a used L25500 which is missing the motherboard. The owner claims to have removed (and shipped back to HP) the motherboard as part of an HP trade-in program. Would it be possible to buy a used motherboard (for the sake of argument let's assume I can find one and it will work) and install it in the printer? Is there any reasons why it wouldn't work? I'm just concerned since obviously HP is trying to make the printer inoperable as part of the promotion (if there was such promotion?). Maybe it's just a sales gimmick by HP and they anticipate people making the printers operable again? I'm just new at this and don't have the money to buy a bricked printer. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Techman

i can think of no reason why it would not work. Assuming you found a used and operating motherboard. AS for the cartridges,, you may have to get new ones.

catldavis

i can think of no reason why it would not work. Assuming you found a used and operating motherboard. AS for the cartridges,, you may have to get new ones.

Thanks Techman. I wasn't sure if it would work or not. Why would it need new carts (is it related to the motherboard)? I think I can get a good, used motherboard.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
How much are they selling it for? Pro Wraps on here has a few of the newer models the 26500 that he is selling for only $7k you might want to check with his also.

amulle

I replaced the motherboard on my L25500. It's not too difficult to do if you have a working knowledge of PC building.

The part number is Q6651-60282 HP FORMATTER PCA + PROC + HS SERV

Ordered from www.minnesotacomputers.com it was $325.00