• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L26500 Cutter not working

JoeBoomer

I have the cutter enabled on the machine and also in the rip (Onyx). When I click the "Form Feed and Cut" button, it feeds forward but doesn't cut.

Self Adhesive (3M 180cV3)

Has anyone had this problem before?

chafro

Yes you probably have it as another substrate.

The machine doesn't cut some substrates like textiles and when you tell it to cut it just move a forward.

MikePro

does it go through the motions of cutting? ...or just form feed and stop?

if the former is true, then maybe your cutting blade has snapped & needs replacement?

CreatedDesigns

I have had that same issue with my 25500 everything was setup and selected but no cut. I usually just restart the printer -complete power down. Another issue I have had is the substrate will not unload. And I have had to power down to fix also. Not sure of the root cause of either issue. I did install the newest firmware that was just released and no problems thus far.....

JoeBoomer

**solved**

I enabled the take-up reel on the front panel of the printer. Therefore, it would form feed, but never cut. Once I disabled that, it worked as expected.

Thanks Team!