• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L560

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
So, We don't really have any more jams. I've weeded out a few types of material that caused it. Mostly stuff with non-coated paper backing, which retains the memory of the core (curve). So this would be many poster papers, and solvex perf etc.
All materials I feed forward just to the inside of the heater (just as it goes out of sight). It's only about 6" which is close to what we did with the Roland.
Also, while loading, with the heater door open, I have a straight edge handy...after a print is sent, it is fed out while the heater/printer heats up...then it pulls it back in slowly. Once it changes direction and begins to print and feed it out again is THE CRITICAL MOMENT! I wait and watch with my straight edge in heater pressed up against the lip, hovering above media...as soon as it starts to feed forward, the media jumps to the roof of the heater (which is then what causes crashes) and I press it down with the straight edge, pulling it slowly back toward me. The media then lays down nicely, and edge is removed. Then I put it the takeup when it gets long enough.
OR if I don't wanna babysit the beginning, I just put it on the take-up to begin with...and no problems.
3 ft of waste, vs 5 minutes of babysitting.

usdsoccer

Correct. I have found 170% or 150% depending on media and at that amount you really need to let the linearization on RIP process set the ink limits per channel. For what ever reason at least on the L360 the Cyan seems to default to be set too high. You will see that right away in the linearization process when it gets backed down more than the other colors. Make a big improvement to the Reds when this is done.

Wait, am I reading this right? I have to use 150% ink density or more to get good color on the 560 or 570? Doesn't that completely remove any ink cost savings I am supposed to get? Do most people run at that high ink density?

jayhawksigns

Wait, am I reading this right? I have to use 150% ink density or more to get good color on the 560 or 570? Doesn't that completely remove any ink cost savings I am supposed to get? Do most people run at that high ink density?
I don't run that high on anything yet. Been happy with the colors for what we need at the 80-110 range.

dypinc

That post was about achieving a good red. Depends on the media you're using and your expectations. Most jobs don't need that much density but sometimes it might be necessary.

Lane J

I run Textiles or Backlit film that high. Everything else looks great to me from 80%-120%, like jayhawksigns said.

dypinc

They all have demos available get a couple and try them. I would lean towards Caldera and Colorgate.