• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 310 questions

iladi

Hi,

I want to buy a HP 310 printer.

I currently have a Roland SP 540v and wasatch 6.8

Questions:

- HP came with SAI HP standard edition, is this RIP able to print cut marks for Roland so I can print on HP and cut on Roland?

- I can buy wasatch driver for HP, but I guess it is 7.2 version: is it compatible with my 6.8 version or I have to upgrade?

Thanx,
Adrian

Andy D

Hi,

I want to buy a HP 310 printer.

I currently have a Roland SP 540v and wasatch 6.8

Questions:

- HP came with SAI HP standard edition, is this RIP able to print cut marks for Roland so I can print on HP and cut on Roland?

- I can buy wasatch driver for HP, but I guess it is 7.2 version: is it compatible with my 6.8 version or I have to upgrade?

Thanx,
Adrian

I would think Wsatch has a driver built in or available for free download, If not, there are programs that will make marks in your design program and you can modify them, so that you export them with your print image.
I use fine cut in Corel Draw.

FrankW

The FlexiPRINT-Version that comes with a Latex 310 will not print contour marks for any cutting plotter. There is a FlexiPRINT HP Premium Edition Upgrade available who will do that.

iladi

The SAi guy who contacted me said that NO, I have to buy a full version of Flexi.

Hello Andy,

Since on SAI website I found info that the HP Premium Edition supports over 1000 cutters I was hoping that I can use my Roland as a cutter only.

I currently use Wasatch 6.8 as my RIP, driving Canon 815, Mutoh 900 PRO, Roland 540V, Epson 4880

Best regards,
Adrian

Hello Adrian,

That is correct but the ‘HP Edition’ is a special agreement we have with HP.

I understand you have FLexiPrint BASIC with the Latex 310 ?

An upgrade to Flexi SIGN&PRINT v12 (non HP edition) is possible for 1995 euro. Than you can use ALL of your devices in Print&Cut combination, Print only or Cut only.

Andy

iladi

I found that I can make a template with hand made cut marks in illustrator or Corel and place inside my decals and auto detect in versaworks. Or I can generate cut marks in wasatch and manually align wasatch also.

So, there are plenty solutions.

jawdavis

Spend the extra $900 and get back to business...

As a former Roland / Versaworks user, I made the unfortunate decision to choose the Wasatch RIP about 6 years ago when we first started printing on the L25500's. They worked mostly fine on the L25500, with only minor gripes. Fast forward to 2014, we bought 2 L360's hoping to run them on our version of Wasatch, however, Wasatch didn't release a compatible driver until September 2014, 5 months after the 300 series printers were released. After initially telling us they wouldn't charge for the updated driver as long as our contract was current, they then decided we needed to pay $500 per machine. We were literally the first people that even considered running 2 L360's on Wasatch and you could tell they were scrambling to try and make it work. They eventually got us for about $1200 total to get current and able to use both machines. However, in the 14 months since, there hasn't been a single update to the HP driver from Wasatch and I can tell you they desperately need some updates. There's not an hour that goes by in our production department that we don't see a software bug in running the 360's. We know all of them and how to manage them, but what a pain in the butt. Wasatch SoftRIP is NOT certified by HP to be a compatible RIP. If that doesn't tell you all you need to know then I don't know what will.

I don't like doing business with any company who values profits over their reputation for service and reliability and Wasatch has proved to me over the last 18 months that they had no business trying to build a driver for the HP 300 series, yet they were more than happy to take my money in order to make me the guinea pig for their mostly failed attempt.

iladi

The HP printer is not in my yard yet. It may take a full month to get here since I have not make the de decision. But now I am thinking more and more to switch to Flexi cloud for driving my printers.

I have not been contacted by SAI yet and I don't know if my old XRITE DTP 20 is supported in the cloud version/windows 10 combo

MainostePrint

As a former Roland / Versaworks user, I made the unfortunate decision to choose the Wasatch RIP about 6 years ago when we first started printing on the L25500's. They worked mostly fine on the L25500, with only minor gripes. Fast forward to 2014, we bought 2 L360's hoping to run them on our version of Wasatch, however, Wasatch didn't release a compatible driver until September 2014, 5 months after the 300 series printers were released. After initially telling us they wouldn't charge for the updated driver as long as our contract was current, they then decided we needed to pay $500 per machine. We were literally the first people that even considered running 2 L360's on Wasatch and you could tell they were scrambling to try and make it work. They eventually got us for about $1200 total to get current and able to use both machines. However, in the 14 months since, there hasn't been a single update to the HP driver from Wasatch and I can tell you they desperately need some updates. There's not an hour that goes by in our production department that we don't see a software bug in running the 360's. We know all of them and how to manage them, but what a pain in the butt. Wasatch SoftRIP is NOT certified by HP to be a compatible RIP. If that doesn't tell you all you need to know then I don't know what will.

I don't like doing business with any company who values profits over their reputation for service and reliability and Wasatch has proved to me over the last 18 months that they had no business trying to build a driver for the HP 300 series, yet they were more than happy to take my money in order to make me the guinea pig for their mostly failed attempt.

Is Wasatch still working badly for the 360? We are planning on buying the 360 this year. We use wasatch atm. and we'd like to stick with it... I hope it works, what you think?

jawdavis

Short answer - it works, just not all that great. We print 8 hours a day using Wasatch and the 360's but there are plenty of bugs. To this day, there have been NO updates since the driver was first written in September 2014. HP has upgraded firmware several times since then, but there's been no effort from Wasatch to keep up as there has been with other certified RIPs like Onyx, Flexi and Caldera. If you're only looking to spend $500 or so to get current with Wasatch, then go for it, because the driver is included with 7.2.

TheSnowman

Got a tech coming Wednesday to install my new 310 and graphtec that's been out in the shop for a week. I'm running the new Onyx, I'm told it'll be amazing. Hope they're all right.

iceon

When I got my 310 the tech had to uninstall the flexi rip that came with the printer cause it was causing conflicts with my flexi cloud. I also had color issue that HP techs worked on. The printer now is working awesome.