• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP latex 570 stuck in sleep mode!

Signguruniagara

Hi everyone,

I’ve bought a used HP 570 latex printer. I’m new to the sign making business and I have lots to learn. I’ve had nothing but issues with this thing since I got it. Right now my printer is stuck in sleep mode. I try to press the power button on the front screen and it doesn’t do anything. I also try to open the front window and it still doesn’t do anything. I’ve tried unplugging and plugging it back in with it going right to sleep mode. I’m wondering if anyone on here has had the same issue or has some suggestions for me?

Thanks

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I would start with updating the firmware.

Without knowing what does "it going right to sleep mode" mean, like does it instantly go back to sleep after starting? You can't even get to any menu?

Signguruniagara

Yes it goes right back to sleep mode after starting. I can’t get to the menu at all.
I would start with updating the firmware.

Without knowing what does "it going right to sleep mode" mean, like does it instantly go back to sleep after starting? You can't even get to any menu?

ToTo

Professional Support
This is nearly impossible. Sleep mode is meaning that the panel button is blinking. Is there initialization of any device working? Is the carriage moving?

Signguruniagara

This is nearly impossible. Sleep mode is meaning that the panel button is blinking. Is there initialization of any device working? Is the carriage moving?
The panel button is blinking. There is no initialization of any device working. I’ve tried pressing the panel button a million times along with lifting the front window and nothing happens. I talk to an HP tech awhile ago about this and he made it sound like the hard drive could be failing.

ToTo

Professional Support
What happens if you switch the unit at the main switch? Please provide the status of the three LED’s near the main switch

ToTo

Professional Support
There’s just one light on and it’s yellow.
Just the amber led means printer is off on frontpanel. Does leds change when pushing the the fp button? The button should alight, and what happens on the rear led‘s? And maybe you can check the 3 led near network connector.