• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion HP Latex Printers

TreelineBLVD

Newbie here looking to get my first printer. Am really considering the HP 115 Latex printer. Would love to hear some thoughts from anyone who has experience with these latex printers from HP. I will mostly be doing medium sized prints ranging from 1 foot by 1 foot to 4 feet by 4 feet. Have heard of people calling em grain trains while some say they are fine. Anyone that chimes in and provides some insight is appreciated

SKD937

We just got our first Latex printer just over a year ago. No complaints on the printer, its not the HP115....its the HP560. But everything is good with the Latex

TreelineBLVD

Just check the few other threads. You will just end up getting the exact same responses if someone feels like copy pasting the same stuff again.
Some people like it, some don't. There is no clear answer here.
L115 has basically the same output quality as L365 so you can compare those to others.

https://signs101.com/threads/epson-s40600-vs-hp-latex-115.161924/
https://signs101.com/threads/hp-latex-vs-epson-s80600.162978/
etc.
Yeah I read through all those forums. Good information was just hoping to talk with someone who already owns the printer and get a feel for it.

TreelineBLVD

We just got our first Latex printer just over a year ago. No complaints on the printer, its not the HP115....its the HP560. But everything is good with the Latex
What was the retail on that one? And is it a newer or older model than the 115? or is it a more production geared machine?

ikarasu

I had a 110. It was the model before the 115.... Pretty much the exact same.

It's OK. Grain train? If you're an inch away maybe. It's not a bad printer.

It all depends on what you're printing though. Stickers... Blueprints, banners? Getting a laminator? Cutter? Indoors / outdoors? Going in your house... Or workshop? Have a 240v outlet or will you be spending a other grand to install one (if it's far)

Way too many variables. It's a great printer.... But that's subjective. It could end up being the worst printer for what you're trying to do with it.

SKD937

What was the retail on that one? And is it a newer or older model than the 115? or is it a more production geared machine?

I think we got the HP560 for around 16K, we got it new right before xmas last year. For sure the big difference, the 115 is only a 54" wide printer. I'd say the only thing that I'm getting use to with the 560 is you have to run a little more material out to start a run. I'm just use to the Roland where you can start pretty close to beginning of the roll.

TreelineBLVD

I had a 110. It was the model before the 115.... Pretty much the exact same.

It's OK. Grain train? If you're an inch away maybe. It's not a bad printer.

It all depends on what you're printing though. Stickers... Blueprints, banners? Getting a laminator? Cutter? Indoors / outdoors? Going in your house... Or workshop? Have a 240v outlet or will you be spending a other grand to install one (if it's far)

Way too many variables. It's a great printer.... But that's subjective. It could end up being the worst printer for what you're trying to do with it.

Signs/Displays 1' x 1' to 4' x 4' and mounting them to 3mm pvc board without a laminator doing it by hand. Have a cutter keencut E3. Indoors in my basement and it'll be going about 5 feet away from my breaker box so installing the 240v is going to be no problem.

TreelineBLVD

I think we got the HP560 for around 16K, we got it new right before xmas last year. For sure the big difference, the 115 is only a 54" wide printer. I'd say the only thing that I'm getting use to with the 560 is you have to run a little more material out to start a run. I'm just use to the Roland where you can start pretty close to beginning of the roll.

Yeah I've heard that as well. Is it to prevent crumpling and head strikes in your case?