• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp Latex Printers

trebor28

Hello,
Looking at purchasing an hp L25500 latex printer. Has anybody got their hands on one yet?

Looking to get the 60" printer and would like to know other peoples views on the printer.

thanks

Robert

We just ordered two 60" machines this week. They will be installed late next week. They will be replacing two of our jv3s for small runs.

Let you know what's up once they are running.

knucklehead

Are the HP latex printers going to have to have a special coated media, of course only available from HP? Window perf, Phototex, etc?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I have printed just about everything you can imagine with that machine, it will print coated and uncoated its sweet!!

astro8

I've been reading everything I can on these HP's. I'd like to make it our next addition to our printroom. The HP latex and the GS6000 solvent will make a great combination.

As much as most on here don't want to hear it, Mimaki and Roland printers are going to go the way of the dodo.

The Equipment Guy

I have been working with the local HP reps on this for a while, I have heard no downside and no objections that could not be answered as of yet. I will be participating in an open house where we will be showing it off in the next few weeks.

Its based on the Z6100 platform, which was the progression from the HP5 series, a very well proven pedigree. The heads are a throw away like previous HP models, and the ROI including head pricing is competitive with the price per sq. foot on similarly priced solvent printers. It does use some post curing which prevents drying in the heads, pumps etc which was my main concern, thinking of the residue on latex paint guns etc. Seems to be a non issue. The larger HP latex machine has been out for a year now, successfully and would probably be a much bigger seller if it was not a bit of a goofy size.

Longevity claims seem to work a little different than solvent but not by much, I was told 3 years unlaminated, 5 years laminated. It does not need specialized media.

I would check on RIP compatibility to your favorite RIP software, HP is well supported by RIP manufacturers but with new machines this is always a concern. I know its pretty well supported but I cant find my notes on by who.

Hope that helps. Anybody in the Ontario, Canada area that is looking at these let me know and I can send out info and arrange to have you at this open house.

Craig

MachServTech

I have worked with this machine for a while and can see no significant downside. User replaceable print-heads are a huge difference though. Having the same print quality (as it was when it was new) 5 years into the ownership of the printer is a big deal.
Nice to not have to worry about waiting before laminating, or prints sticking together face to face.
...and I really like not breathing in solvent fumes!!!!!
Super easy to use and the auto alignment features are a huge timesaver.
RIPS I have used that work well so far: Onyx and Caldera

AllSquare Jason

Any significant cons so far?
I can only go on from what I have heard from talking to others in the industry - concerns of heavy electrical to power machine and having to run extreme temperatures to fully cure the ink.

I'm anxious to see the actual reports and feedback as more of these units ship.

MachServTech

I can only go on from what I have heard from talking to others in the industry - concerns of heavy electrical to power machine and having to run extreme temperatures to fully cure the ink.

I'm anxious to see the actual reports and feedback as more of these units ship.

It's just two standard 220 connections, the temperatures are up there 200 F, but it doesnt have any impact on the standard materials I have printed on IJ180Cv3, MPI 1005, Backlit, Utraflex banner and no-name solvent glossy photo paper.
What is "heavy electrical" don't you use laminators with 220?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
You can call Nusign at 626-961-7688 ask for Ruben
or go to their web site www.nusignsupply.com

For everyone's information, a quick check of Nuflex's information reveals that he is actually with NuSign Supply and is pretending not to be while recommending them. That is a totally dishonest thing to do and I have banned him from our community.

bbeens

HP latex printers - L25500

MachServTech-

Softrip also supports the HP L25500. Not sure how much experience you have with Softrip.

Bryan