• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex Printing Technology - Busting Myths About Latex Printing

printndisplay

Since both the media and the laminate is gas permeable, even if there were 'out gassing' beyond merely letting the solvents evaporate wholesale as the print emerges from the printer, any additional boiling off of various volatile fractions is sufficiently minute to pass right through the media.

The vary same reasons that small bubbles simply go away after a bit.

In order to accept the notion of 'out gassing' someone has to describe the nature of the fraction involved as well as the time, temperature, and volume of that fraction when it boils off. Horror stories about prints and laminates turning to crap and pointing a finger at the demon 'out gassing' are as entertaining as then are meaningless.

Is it possible to print and make heat transfer with HP 310 latex printer, i need to buy a machine and there is a exhibition in Melbourne starting tomorrow, i have offer from mimaki ecosolvent CJV30-130, HP latex 310 and Roland VS 300í & SP 540i, Mutoh VJ1324 with cutter. Literally all in same price range with HP claims their machine more versatile.

I am confused and my main area of work is t-Shirts printing and Canvas Printing. Is it possible to print and make durable t shirts from latex machine.

Can anyone please advise, your advise will me highly appreciated

Hotspur

Heat Transfer Latex

Hi

Yes I have tested V3 latex ink with heat transfer when it was launched.

I used The Magic Touch substrate in a standard heat press - I think it was about 190'c & 8 seconds but I might be wrong.

However results were very good no issues during production.

HP say that this is not an application suited for latex due to it not holding up well during the wash cycle.

After the first few washes there were little bits of glue around which brushed off but the image was not cracking or lifting.

Beyond this they T Shirts have been washed another 6-8 times and still look good - no crazing or lifting yet.

Not sure how many more washes they will survive so i wouldn't sell this as long term use.

However for applications that need no more than 5-10 washes eg events / marketing promos / trade shows / free giveaways etc latex will be fine.