• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex users

jkdbjj

So, I am printing more vehicle wraps now, and I seem to get excellent results on 12pass. However to print and entire van it takes about 4 hours and 25 minutes (Ford Econoline)

I would think the 10pass would take a third off of that, but wonder if others are printing in 10pass with success on wraps?

Thanks

jkdbjj

Wow, and the difference in viewable quality from looking side by side at a 12 pass and an 8 pass is?

I know I can try it myself and compare, just looking for others experience here.

Thanks, and now I can imagine how it is your shop cranks out some many wraps. At best on 12 pass I can print 2 vans a day. I bet on 8 pass I could get almost 4. However, if I was printing 4 a day, I'd better get another printer!

HulkSmash

Ifi had to print on 12 pass, i wouldn't have this printer. It'd be too slow.

8 pass is slow as it is. but if you dial in your rip and printer right, 8 pass is near perfect.

Matt-Tastic

I don't believe HP increases teh carriage speed, so 10 pass is 120% (20% faster) of the speed of 12 pass. 8 pass is 150% (meaning 50% faster)

Your 4.5 hour wrap print would take approx 3.6 hours. that is an hour savings. It should take about 3 hours at 8pass.

Aklaim

10 pass all day. On large jobs, like a wrap, we send it when we leave for the day and let it print while we're gone. When we get in, wrap is printed and ready to go. We've never had a problem either. Just make sure your inks and media are sufficient to last through the job and the take up is turned on and you should be good to go. Printer is set to sleep after 30 minutes.

mudmedia

You may want to look into building profiles. Sometimes with stock profiles you cannot get the speed with the quality. If you dial in your profiles you can print faster and still have the quality. Normally 8 pass is more than enough for vehicle wraps.

8 pass? Then you're not profiled right..

It depends which class of media that you are printing on. For self-adhesive vinyl, HP recommends 10 pass at a minimum. 8 pass can yield good results on some certain media products, when paired with the right media profiles, and with the heaters dialed-in for that media.

This chart describes HP recommendations.

Attachments

• PrintModesChart.pdf
    331.3 KB · Views: 136

GP

This would be for adhesive vinyl (oracal 3551RA, 3951RA and 3651RA).

Instead of having a nice, consistent dot pattern, it looks like the printer is throwing much too much ink.

We are using the standard profiles downloaded from Oracal.

GP

Going to download the profiles again - and test print on 3651RA at 8 pass. Just to see.

Fastsigns2041

Fastsigns Palm Harbor
To be honest, every profile I've downloaded from a manufacturers or distributors website for this machine is pretty much garbage.

GP

I wouldn't even know where to start to build a proper profile that prints decent at 8 pass.

jayhawksigns

We do 10 pass on all of our vinyls, just never tried going down to 8. Banners run at 6 pass, with quality that I am still happy to put my name on.

Maybe you should post a pic of the issue you are having at the lower pass count.