• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex users

GP

I have a test print somewhere in the spooler and will definitely post the 8-10 pass results for comment.

As I mentioned above, when we print at 10-12 pass, it looks like it is trying to throw down too much ink. Instead of having a consistent dot pattern, there are sprays of ink. Likely temperature related, since it is always a little hotter than I like in South Carolina. But, I have not been able to take the time to isolate these variables.

I would love to take the time to build exact profiles for our printer, our environment, etc. I know it is something we need to do; But I am too busy being in the wrong business. With our current volume and staffing, we are just trying to keep up with production needs and learning to build profiles in Caldera is not in the scope.

But, if we can save 25-50% print time, this will definitely help.

GP

Thanks everyone (particularly to a 2011 Coloradosigns post), I reset my ink limits to 100 and now Oracal 3651 is printing great at 12 pass-bi. When I lower to 10 pass-bi, the print gets the tiniest of banding in the lighter tones, but still a nice uniform dot pattern. Not sure it will pass for higher end, interior prints. But for yard signs and the like, I think we have something.

I would be interested in checking out your Oracal profiles, Colorado, if you are sincerely offering. Good beers or bourbon, your call.

jkdbjj

So, here is the verdict. I spent some time, and now can print and entire van in 2 hours down from 4.75 hours. I am printing in 8pass with very acceptable results, and I am super picky.

20 minutes to laminate the whole thing, and wrap ready in under 3 hours.
Thanks for the suggestion Colorado.

jkdbjj

This is what's coming off now, and it looks a little grainier then 12 pass, but only to those that have seen the 12 pass. I showed the customer and he loved it.
Awesome win/win for everyone.

printsample.jpg

mudmedia

For years and years I hated the fact and almost wouldnt accept that its is hard to get a print that has absolutely NO banding or NO graininess in the prints. I fought and fought with my printers, rips and software to try to eliminate it.

Fortunately the newer printers are getting better at production good quality at fast speeds and I had to make the decision was I going to be a production shop and make money or wait for a wrap to print all week and watch ink dry.

I am about the worst an anal human being can get and it took me years to get over the grain acceptance level. There is VERY low amount of grains in prints but when I do see one I cant stop production unless its noticeable 2 feet away.