• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Pricing Scheme

Micheal

Hey guys its me again, you people are very helpful!

So im in Ottawa, Ontario Canada

I currently deal with two suppliers, my local supplier gave me a price of 21k for a 335 and tells me that anywhere in Canada that I get a brand new hp print and cut system this is the price it will be and it will never be cheaper and if it is the dealer is breaking a rule and can get in big trouble.

My other supplier gave me a price of 18.5k for same setup so im just curious if any dealers here can confirm or deny what my local supplier told me!

ddarlak

Go Bills!
is it apples to apples? is the second guy selling you a demo? When I bought my 25500 and then my 315 they told me the same here in the USA.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member

I currently deal with two suppliers, my local supplier gave me a price of 21k for a 335 and tells me that anywhere in Canada that I get a brand new hp print and cut system this is the price it will be and it will never be cheaper and if it is the dealer is breaking a rule and can get in big trouble.

My other supplier gave me a price of 18.5k for same setup so im just curious if any dealers here can confirm or deny what my local supplier told me!

He is correct, but companies like Grimco do SHADY business to win bids all the time and its impossible for HP to really police it in my opinion. That big of a difference though, you might go back to your first source and let him know so he can see what is going on. DON'T EVER BUY HP BRANDED MEDIA!!!! BIGGEST SCAM OUT THERE!

Christian @ 2CT Media

HP uses locked pricing, they can sell for more but never less. If you find a dealer selling for less make sure they are not building their own bundle or are not playing by the rules.

Micheal

He is correct, but companies like Grimco do SHADY business to win bids all the time and its impossible for HP to really police it in my opinion. That big of a difference though, you might go back to your first source and let him know so he can see what is going on. DON'T EVER BUY HP BRANDED MEDIA!!!! BIGGEST SCAM OUT THERE!
Yeah I told my original dealer and she got offened "we dont bend the rules we dont risk our distribution license" and i can understand that but if they are both the same deals that price is very different

Micheal

Yeah ive asked them details, 315 printer , HP summa cutter 18.7 k CAD - 14207.23 USD

Maybe my original dealer is just trying to make extra, they are known for being way more expensive then my other suppliers ive dealt with but they are local so more convenient.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Yeah ive asked them details, 315 printer , HP summa cutter 18.7 k CAD - 14207.23 USD

Maybe my original dealer is just trying to make extra, they are known for being way more expensive then my other suppliers ive dealt with but they are local so more convenient.
You just said the difference. The first post you said it was a 335 from one and this one quoted 315.

Micheal

what is more expensive the 315 or the 335 ? and whats the difference?

I thought I just made a typo but after you said that I looked again and the one for 21k CAD is the 315 and the 335 is 18.7k CAD - is the 335 a higher end machine?

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
With HP's current promotions the 315 Print and Cut bundle currently goes for $14,995 plus a HP required $395 install fee making the total $15,390. The 335 Print and Cut bundle currently goes for $16,495 plus a HP required $395 install fee making the total $16,890. This pricing is in US Dollars.

The only way a dealer is allowed to sell below this pricing is if they order in equipment and have it on display at a trade show.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Can you post your quotes here so we can just show you the difference. Just make sure you are comparing apples to apples.

The 335 is a slightly more capable machine but only negligably.

Micheal

HP LATEX 315 PRINT & CUT SOLUTION $18,795.00 $18,795.00

the image is one dealer the text is copied from a estimate from the other both recently

Not looking to get anyone in trouble so they will remain nameless

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 175

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
As a dealer I have been told from my manufacturers many times that everyone gets the same pricing only to have a bigger dealer quote my customer lower than my cost.

Jb1983

Dealers can sell higher they just cant sell lower than a certain price.

Where they tend to differ is in the shipping and installation/ training pricing.

Let me guess ND was more expensive and Grimco was cheaper???

Some come with INK and some don't so make sure to check that as well.

I paid 19295 and it came with INK and freight/install/couple hours of training. take up reel was another 1295

TomK

Please tell us you took YOUR sample files to your HP dealer and had them print YOUR files on media that you would use? If you have not done this yet, you should stop and make sure you get this done.

Dropping $20K on a machine that you haven't printed your files on is foolish, and I'm being nice with that word.

Don't fall for the "vendor printed samples" either.

greysquirrel

Thank Apple! MAP pricing is here to stay...dealers cannot sell new units below map pricing...they can sell higher...MAP pricing is usually the street price. Demo units and trade show units are able to be sold at a loss by a reseller if they wanted to...

pkeshtgani

Hi Michael

I’m from Ottawa here. Yes for whatever reasons Grimco sells them cheaper than anyone else’s I got quotes from. What ND is telling you is the truth. But I can tell you would get far better and faster service support from ND. This is the case where paying more would be worth it.
Cheers.