• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Pricing Scheme

CanuckSigns

Hi Michael

I’m from Ottawa here. Yes for whatever reasons Grimco sells them cheaper than anyone else’s I got quotes from. What ND is telling you is the truth. But I can tell you would get far better and faster service support from ND. This is the case where paying more would be worth it.
Cheers.

I've never bought any equipment from ND, but I refuse to believe they are better than anyone when it comes to support, their customer service is terrible! Every few years I convince myself to try using them again and I'm reminded why I stopped in the first place.

pkeshtgani

I've never bought any equipment from ND, but I refuse to believe they are better than anyone when it comes to support, their customer service is terrible! Every few years I convince myself to try using them again and I'm reminded why I stopped in the first place.

I spoke from my experience between ND and Grimco. So I compare the two, while there may be 4 other companies out there?

ikarasu

For me (West coast, Canada) Grimco is leaps ahead of ND graphics. Their support is better... their pricing structure is better.... You don't have to bug reps for better pricing. For instance....

NDgraphics website shows a 3M roll of vinyl as $906 a roll... if we called our rep and ordered it, it'd be $800ish a roll. Grimcos price is $767. Both online, and if we E-mail a rep.

Our rep is great, it's Ndgraphics system that is dumb. But because of that reason alone, I usually buy most of our media from grimco. Maybe it's different out east... but I can't see how.

CanuckSigns

For me (West coast, Canada) Grimco is leaps ahead of ND graphics. Their support is better... their pricing structure is better.... You don't have to bug reps for better pricing. For instance....

NDgraphics website shows a 3M roll of vinyl as $906 a roll... if we called our rep and ordered it, it'd be $800ish a roll. Grimcos price is $767. Both online, and if we E-mail a rep.

Our rep is great, it's Ndgraphics system that is dumb. But because of that reason alone, I usually buy most of our media from grimco. Maybe it's different out east... but I can't see how.

I agree, with ND your level of discount is based on how friendly you are with your sales rep, problem is the reps are constantly changing and keeping up with who your current rep is is exhausting. Also if your sales rep is out of the office or on vacation, you need to wait till they get back before you can get your pricing.

I've complained about the system to them before, they don't care

ikarasu

I wanted to wrap my home garage with wall vinyl. I emailed our ND rep and told them it was a personal sale and not one to the company and what it was for (I had to pay via cc and not put it on acct, only reason I mentioned it

They sent me a quote... Said since it's personal they'll do it for cost. Wrote "special quote, one time price for personal project - $260"

I thought that was nice of them! I wanted to see how much of a discount they gave me... So I logged into grimco to see what they charge. $220. I emailed the rep because we have a good relationship... Showed him the pricing and asked if $260 is really their "cost". He of course offered to match grimcos price I told him I don't like jumping through hoops to get pricing so nevermind. That was my last straw with ND.

I don't mind if they're not the cheapest. We always threw them some orders, even if it cost more..because they often had stuff in stock locally that grimco didn't, or they'd 2 day anything another branch had to us for free. They've been getting less and less of our orders though. I like the convenience of grimco, and while I'm sure if we negotiated with our rep we would get better pricing then grimco with the volume we do... But like you said, when he's on vacation it'll be a pain to get that pricing for the new guy

Dukenukem117

I live less than an hour away from Grimco and delivery is free if over $100. I don't know if that's a national policy, but thats pretty good to me as it pretty much covers every roll of wide format media.