• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question HP Scitex FB500 UV lamp intensity adjustment....

NoMovingParts

When they installed our FB500, one of the techs mentioned that there was a way to adjust the intensity of the UV lamps, but I can't seem to find any method in the manuals. Does anyone know how to do this?

flyplainsdrifta

there should be a spot in options to increase the power of the uv lamps. i think you can only go up from there. what issues are you having?

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
If it's anything like the 700, you have to be in the service mode (accessed by a long series of pressing up/down/up/down in a specific sequence). I don't think it's in the regular manual, though- it's in the service manual somewhere.

ikarasu

Click Printing, Options, scroll to the next page and click on increase UV power.

We were also once in a bind like this - You can send a completely blank document to the printer, make sure itll print white space instead of skip past it... and run any media through a second time. Then it wont print nothing, but it'll run it over the lamps a second time.