• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I am having a contour cutting issue with my XC540.. Please help..

Evoindustries

For whatever reason my contour cuts are off.. And the weird thing is it gets worse as it moves to the left side of the machine.. I have messed with the feed and scan calibrations and it only seems to make things worse. I had 2 heads changed out recently and I feel like after the head change is when the problem arose.. Any help would be awesome! Thanks everyone.

flormage333

print and cut.calibration

Do you have a cut and print adjustment on your printer? Typically there should be a test that prints a grid then cuts along both the x and y axis of the grid. the grid should display some adjustable values to help align the cutting

Evoindustries

I printed the Scan and feed grid adjusted like I should and it made zero change.... I just did a print with registration marks and sheet cut it and then reloaded and it was flawless... I am confused.

shoresigns

Try searching the forum. I recall this problem coming up a few times before, but I don't know what the solution was.

petepaz

how old is the machine?
could need to replace the rubber wheels on the pinch rollers, that could be one thing and you could do it your self, not hard. also your optical sensor could need to be replaced. that you need a tech guy to do (well i did but maybe it's something you could do your self)