• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I cant believe some people.

showcase 66

Some people are just A-holes. And my father in law is on top of the list.

My one Sister in law just got engaged over Memorial day weekend and her fiance was just notified about a week ago that he was going to be deployed to Afghanistan in August. They were originally planning on getting married in May of next year. Well now they are trying to have a wedding before he deploys.

She called me this morning crying and freaking out because of her dad. She called her dad to ask if he could put $1000 down on the hall they are planning on using for the wedding/reception. He yelled at her and hung up.(very common occurrence with him) He then sends her a text which she just forwarded me.

"I paid to make you pretty enough for someone to love you, so I am done paying for anything"

Seriously! WTF. How can you tell your daughter this. All of my wifes sisters are a lot younger than my wife and I. Ranging from 12-17 years difference. I have seen them grow up and I thank God every day I have 3 boys after watching them grow up as teenagers.

I could never imagine telling someone that. Will be going to the bank in a little to get a cashiers check for the venue.

And he wonders why none of his family wants to be around him.

Marlene

yup sounds like a total douche

what a "nice" thing to say to her. her new husband to be is being sent into war, which must be a ton of stress and then daddy says something rotten like he did. give her a hug and give yourself one too for stepping in and doing what you can to make this happen for them.

gabagoo

C'mon guys...maybe he had a bad day on the course!!!!

but seriously he is a first class A hole!!!

he is the one that will lose in the end

SD&F

I had a father like that and fortunately I had a brother like you. It made all the difference in my life. You are a real man and great human being to step up and do what you are doing. Needless to say, my father died alone and with no one around. Even after everything he did or rather did not do for us, I probably would have gone to his funeral if I had known. It is really his loss and it's too bad he is such an idiot.

Locals Find!

There has got to be more to this than what's on the surface. I am wondering what he meant by this:
"I paid to make you pretty enough for someone to love you, so I am done paying for anything"
did he pay some exorbitant amount for some unnecessary plastic surgery or some designer clothing, that daddy's little girl just had to have?? Was there a divorce involved in the middle of this and he is bitter at some ex-wife that ran him dry with things the kids just had to have??

Come on give us all the facts here, its unfair to judge someone with only half the facts.

Billct2

The comment he made is fact enough, no matter the background, it's totally uncalled for.
Just like in business you can say no without saying FU too.

showcase 66

I just don't understand him. He has no problem dropping 1 grand or more on his cars, boat, or other toy but not to help out his own daughter.

He also wants his other daughter to come up here and get married at the same time instead of in October where she lives so he wont have to drive down there.

Pretty much if it wasnt for my sis in laws (4 of them) we would probably not have any dealing with him.

Border

There has got to be more to this than what's on the surface. I am wondering what he meant by this: did he pay some exorbitant amount for some unnecessary plastic surgery or some designer clothing, that daddy's little girl just had to have?? Was there a divorce involved in the middle of this and he is bitter at some ex-wife that ran him dry with things the kids just had to have??

Come on give us all the facts here, its unfair to judge someone with only half the facts.

yea, I'm sure the dad is probably a great guy in reality...NOT!
:help

showcase 66

There has got to be more to this than what's on the surface. I am wondering what he meant by this: did he pay some exorbitant amount for some unnecessary plastic surgery or some designer clothing, that daddy's little girl just had to have?? Was there a divorce involved in the middle of this and he is bitter at some ex-wife that ran him dry with things the kids just had to have??

He paid for Braces when she was 15! He still holds that over her head that it cost more for her braces because she needed them on longer then her sisters did.

Dude she is 20 years old now. Her 18th birthday when she got home from school, all her stuff was under the carport out front. Just like he did with my wife, and the other sisters.

Was there a divorce, yes because he wanted to get married to a younger woman. So, are you saying that this is his daughters fault. really!

SD&F

Well Bacon, I think the quicker everyone gets married and starts their own household the better. You can become your own family units together. As far as the old man goes unless he gets nicer with old age, he is your families cross to bear or ignore. The whole father daughter relationship will continue to be difficult if they continue to look for his approval. We all have something in our families.

ova

Like they say, you need a license most times go to some kind of class to fish, hunt, drive a vehicle, get married and fly an airplane.

But none to have kids.

Dave