• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I Don't Normally Complain but...............

Air Art Girl

you'd think someone that isn't as busy (hint, hint, wink, wink) would come and help but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

I'm glad I have work but getting a little stressed there is so much.

iSign

ahhh I remember days like that... years actually, although i carry different stress around this year...

...but, I can say this, you can only do so much, and you can only get it done so fast, and you can only make so many sacrifices before there's nothing left to give... so you have to know when to say when.. and if you ever don't say it when you should, but you realize you should have said it... sub it out... give up the profit just to get someone else to get it done for you... if you shouldn't have taken it, or can't properly & promptly get to it... it's profit you're not meant to have... but don't lose too much sleep to meet your commitments without at least considering farming out something to take a little pressure off...

hell, I worked till 3 myself last night, slept less than 5 hours & went back into the fray... I've pulled all-nighters at least once a month for 10 years, working 'till sunrise... so I'm not saying not to work your ass off... just saying don't be afraid to get out from under a little stress now and then, if you pile a little too much on yourself sometimes... you're allowed to, that's all I'm saying... get help when you need it!

weaselboogie

Make hay when it shines, but don't be afraid to say no. I understand the retail rush right now and the need to have everything in place by black friday, but I'm not too sympathetic to the extreme procrastinators.

Doug's schedule sounds quite familiar to my own. Last week I did 4 consecutive nights up til 5am and then finished off the 5th night with an all nighter and was up for 48 hours. The sixth night was 10 hours of sweet slumber... and could have slept for more.

I'm just fortunate to have as much work as I do right now.

as far as problems go i would MUCH rather have the problem of too much work versus too little.

if SOMEONE won't step up to the plate uhum uhum then maybe there is someone else that could help pick up the slack?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Prioritize, then delegate and stop waiting for someone to offer...... and just hire a part-timer.

If you wait for the obvious to be done and the obvious [person] doesn't come forth..... move on. Don't let your customers or stress get out of hand. Also, as mentioned.... this would be a good time to up your prices a little bit.

gabagoo

I too have gotten so busy that I have doen two 12 hour days in a row. When I get to busy I wake up early (not by choice) so I go to work early. Those few hours before the world gets up rerally give you an oppotunity to catch up. My problem is that my one employee who does weeding and applying is off for 10 weeks and I am solo. At least I got an $800.00 a week raise you might say lol

iSign

...my one employee who does weeding and applying is off for 10 weeks and I am solo. At least I got an $800.00 a week raise you might say lol

congrats on the raise...
I got one of those recently too!
Makes weeding a lot more fun when you look at it that way...

....in fact counting payroll expenses, mistakes, overworked quotes & underbid jobs... my raise has to be over a grand... WooHoo!!

Replicator

I offered to help in any way I can when I do not have my own work going on . . .

I will weed anything that needs weeding of her thermoflex, but I will not, I repeat, will NOT stand in front of a heat press for an hour or more.

It ain't happening and I've got my reasons, so flame away.

And to you AAG, that's COLD !

iSign

ah, but look at that lovely avatar & then a (hint, hint, wink, wink) doesn't seem so COLD really

gabagoo

congrats on the raise...
I got one of those recently too!
Makes weeding a lot more fun when you look at it that way...

....in fact counting payroll expenses, mistakes, overworked quotes & underbid jobs... my raise has to be over a grand... WooHoo!!

truth is I am much less stressed when she is not here. It seems my days are continually aimed at keeping her busy and babysitting...at $20 per hour... sheesh. Since she has been off, yes I have to work a lot harder and longer but you know what? I love it and I get my hands back into weeding and masking (ok that sucks at times) but also application which I really enjoy. I go home tired but I feel fulfilled like I have accomplished a lot. Not sure how long I can go on like this before burnout but I am examining a lot of customers habits and deciding just who is worthy of keeping at this point.

copythat

Feeling ya!

I know what your going through. I am lucky that I have a shower & an airbed so I can stay as long as I want to work. Sheez, did I say lucky : )