• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I Don't Normally Complain but...............

iSign

truth is I am much less stressed when she is not here. It seems my days are continually aimed at keeping her busy and babysitting...at $20 per hour... sheesh. Since she has been off, yes I have to work a lot harder and longer but you know what? I love it and I get my hands back into weeding and masking (ok that sucks at times) but also application which I really enjoy. I go home tired but I feel fulfilled like I have accomplished a lot. Not sure how long I can go on like this before burnout but I am examining a lot of customers habits and deciding just who is worthy of keeping at this point.

Your words really ring true here... luck has it that my employee absence is permenent... and I am amazed how much I'm loving it... and the best part is what you just mentioned... being on the front lines, thinking like an owner, instead of like a short sighted hourly rate employee, taking in anything, at any price, to look busy & keep his 40 hours... sheesh... when I look harder at the things I was trusting him to handle the way I would handle... OUCH... I realize what a lousy job of management & supervision I was doing, as so many small jobs were underbid & overworked, that I'm sure it cost me thousands...

but now I can assess a job opportunity quickly, choose the right amount of time to spend & offer the right price (for me)... and get it, or don't... but waste no time! & with less mouths to feed, I don't need as many jobs anyway... just the profitable ones! (the Mosh's of the world can have the rest!)

p3

I wish I had this complaint. I wouldn't be complaining! hah. Mine is the exact opposite. I don't know how to get enough business.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
totally off topic here...

isign, how many sign companies do you have as competition? i've been to maui, only for a week, and about 11 years ago, what i remember from the visit was how small the island is. how many shops exist there? i remember seeing one while driving around, i often wonder if it was yours...

at the time i dreamed of moving there and opeing up a shop..... that or nebraska...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Nebraska's spoken for.

It's being renamed Mobraska.... land of the cheap and home of the corn harvest stills.

corn masher.jpg

Air Art Girl

Didn't mean to start a Rep bashing thread,,,, hehe.
I do have a part timer that does a ton of work but we just have had so much coming in, I might need another part timer. Gonna sub out some of the garment stuff, other things I have to do here. Just picking thru the pile take one work order at a time and prioritizing them.

I work early in the morning til late. I probably will pull some late nights/all nights thru next week but it's all good. I'm picking up new customers as well as the regulars and that's a good thing.

Replicator

Truth be told the garment side of the business is always swamped, but the sign and graphics side go through spurts as I'm sure you signers can attest too.

I'm extremely busy today, but it may not be that way tomorrow !

signrios

I worked till 3 myself last night, slept less than 5 hours & went back into the

i'm with my amigo isign:thumb:
last week i worked 5 12 hour days, this week seems to be slow.

i'm very thankful when i have a lot of work, it covers for the slow days!!

gabagoo

maybe I shoul get into this garment end of the business!!! So you guys are also in the promotional end or you supply promotional companies?

Replicator

We do a lot of printed and vinyl covered garments for schools, sports teams, etc, but that is all AAG's side of the business.

I have ZERO interest in what she does, never have and probably never will . . . Although I am willing to help out where and when I can !

Air Art Girl

redbull, goggles and a cape

:supersmilie: you mean like this??? except not Red Bull but his might work :Coffee: but this would be better:beer

Gonna take a dinner break. My part timer and Rep helped me get alot done this afternoon, sub-ed out a job to one of our merchant members, plugging away. Will do more after dinner and be back in here after I drop my son off at the high school in the morning.

B-RAD Graphics

yes yes ..we all pull the all nighters and countless long days & nts...matter fact when I was in art school..lol alooong time ago I would wait to the last min...stay up all nt and sleep in hallway till class..man I am new to this forum stuff but I love it..just to here that many others go thru the same stuff. O..just got my biggest gig ever!! sooo AAG there is light at the end of the tunnel...just squint... and now the real work begins..PRINT PRINT VERSA!!!!! ....B