• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I don't TWEET, therefor I have a life.

kev3232

Good lord, what the hell is the deal with people having to post EVERY damn thing they do during the day?!?!?!??!?!I hate Twitter. Twitter=GAY!

Al Checca

Come on now, you guys probably do it too..... You really want to be playing a game or growing something in the farm what ever that I have no clue about....

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

TheSnowman

You just did it right here! A useless opinion about nothing...but hey, we all read it...and were filled in on a part of your life! Congrats. Welcome to the DARK SIDE!

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
If I was not on Facebook, I would have found out a friend's mother, I grew up with, was the woman who's recipe for blue cheese dressing at Chris and Pitt's restaurant (http://www.chrisandpittsbbqrestaurants.com/) was the dressing I drive 100 miles for. I was Chris and Pitts 2 weeks ago, me and the boys devoured 2 bowls of the stuff. Now that I have the recipe, I can make it myself... all because of Facebook.

Biker Scout

Twitter and Facebook are basically "Forum Lite" without a common theme, such as signs, cars or motorcycles etc.

You don't have a life if you've got time to post on here about off topic stuff that's not related to signs. Just admit it, and feel better about yourself.

What you are really trying to say is this: "I'm too old to figure out why Twitter and Facebook are so 'hip' with the younger crowd... I just don't get it. So, I'll post about my rants with pop culture in a small collective group of people who seem to be like-minded as I am, and will agree with my statement. Yeah that's what I'll do."

:supersmilie:

Jon Aston

Like just about everything else in life, what you get out of social networks like twitter and facebook (and signs101.com) has alot to do with what you are willing to put in.

Jon Aston

BTW (and sorry to be a thread pirate) why do you say "Gay" when what you mean is "Stupid"? It makes you sound like a 10 year old.

Jillbeans

I don't Twitter, I don't Facebook, and I got rid of Myspace.
Not that my life is that exciting, but maybe I don't want people knowing what I do every second.
Or knowing what they are doing.
Love....Jill

Dan Antonelli

Don't underestimate the value of the marketing aspect of it. In my view, there's no harm with 300 people out there, whether I went to high school or college or whatever, knowing what I do for a living. It's already resulted in a decent amount of business.

Im not as big a fan of Twitter as I am of FB though.

Al Checca

Like just about everything else in life, what you get out of social networks like twitter and facebook (and signs101.com) has alot to do with what you are willing to put in.

Joking aside, I have been a part time EMS worker for 24 plus years,(the weekend job) I have a 150 Police ems and fire dept friends on mine. I post on facebook about signs and projects I'm working on to keep my name fresh in there heads. They are most all chiefs and directors now.
I hate hearing "Damn I forgot you do that" we should have ask you to do it!... So I try to keep my name fresh with them. They seem to rather buy from a "brother" than an outsider. Having said that it seems to be working for me. :thumb:
There a ton of police fire and eMS cars and trucks that need decaled and I'd love to be the leading Public safety guy in the County.

Last edited:

iSign

:thumb: Kraig
:thumb: Marc
:thumb: Jon
:thumb: Dan

hey Dan, I don't like twitter as much either yet, but the way their growth is dramatically outpacing FB, I'm convinced we should keep trying. :smile:

Those of you that still think twitter is about posting your meaningless banter of the moment, you either aren't even having a look for yourself, or you just haven't found or followed anyone interesting. In my opinion, the only tweets with much of value in 140 characters are the one with links. If you are too busy (or paranoid?) to follow links, then you won't get nearly as much out of it.

It's almost like a National (or global) news source, with up to the minute headlines from around the planet, cross-linking anything & everything that anyone & everyone considers of interest. You find something interesting on the web, tweet with a link, & others can learn about it to. If you always tweet about the marketing aspect or design sensibilities surrounding quality signage... you will gradually improve your perception in the twittersphere as an expert in your field. If a lot of those tweets go to your own blog, which is another venue where linking to other peoples content is generally encouraged & acceptable, you will drive traffic to your blog, adding to your reputation & improving your search engine ranking.

Using Jon as an example, most of the threads he starts here are links to the marketing aspect or design sensibilities surrounding the sign or graphic design industry. He doesn't write the posts he links to, but he becomes a recognized expert just for remaining in our consciousness, providing relevant content.

Jon, you need a "Marketing Partners" blog, like YESTERDAY! ...and then you can retweet good marketing stuff in that forum first, then your twitter links should go to YOUR copy of the content. It's still going to attribute the source, but from within your own branded domain!

Right?

Doyle

Twitter and Facebook are basically "Forum Lite" without a common theme, such as signs, cars or motorcycles etc.

You don't have a life if you've got time to post on here about off topic stuff that's not related to signs. Just admit it, and feel better about yourself.

What you are really trying to say is this: "I'm too old to figure out why Twitter and Facebook are so 'hip' with the younger crowd... I just don't get it. So, I'll post about my rants with pop culture in a small collective group of people who seem to be like-minded as I am, and will agree with my statement. Yeah that's what I'll do."

:supersmilie:

Bingo! :clapping:

If you don't like it, stay away and keep it to yourself. If you haven't found anything of any value in social networking, then you aren't looking in the right places, or are too ignorant to learn of it's real value/purpose.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Depends on what you do with it. Kids, housewives and attention starved people are the ones giving it the bad rap

I recently acquired a new customer who is not in the graphics business but needed her logo converted to vector. She has over 12,000 followers. She posted her positive experience on her twitter account.

I have already gotten new customers and interest from her tweet that I would never have gotten on my own. Now you tell me of another way to get that kind of exposure for free

Forget about the useless tweets and FB accounts. You can use it wisely. Jon Aston has posted some links about how to use it to your advantage. Try not to be narrow minded and think about how to make it work for you.

binki

we use twitter for marketing. with google and bing indexing tweets it helps with our seo.