• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I got hit with a trojan horse...naaaaaaaa

MachServTech

vundodix is a good surgical strike, and you can use this too....but go for the carpet bombing method. and if you want the MOAB (mother of all bombs) do a complete hard drive wipe and re-install the os.

Techman

something tells me your problems are related to the AVG

Not a chance.... He said he didn't have it turned on...

where in xp do you find system restore anyways

Is the last thing you want to do. The virus invaded your restore point., Do a restore and all you do is add back the virus.

Sign Works

About 5 days ago I clicked on one of Shovel's links (something about MOBO) and when I did this system went totally haywire, spyware, adware, malware, pop-ups, viruses, worms "oh the joy of it all" even my Netgear hardware firewall did not stop this crap. My tech spent several hours cleaning this thing but there are still lingering bugs, I think maybe it's time to reimage the hard drive, reinstall the OS then all the programs, drivers, prefrences, etc. etc. etc. . . . . . . . . . . .

! ! ! ! FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN ! ! !

ChiknNutz

I got a Trojan a while back and I'm here to tell you that Malwarebytes is very likely to fix it. It absolutely 100% worked for me and I continue to use it. After seeing how great it worked, I immediately bought it and enabled the real-time protection. Have you tried it yet, sounds like NO unless I missed it in one of your replies.

Shovelhead

About 5 days ago I clicked on one of Shovel's links (something about MOBO) and when I did this system went totally haywire, spyware, adware, malware, pop-ups, viruses, worms "oh the joy of it all" even my Netgear hardware firewall did not stop this crap. My tech spent several hours cleaning this thing but there are still lingering bugs, I think maybe it's time to reimage the hard drive, reinstall the OS then all the programs, drivers, prefrences, etc. etc. etc. . . . . . . . . . . .

! ! ! ! FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN ! ! !

No Malware here!

weme

WTF
After going through a virus attack,
losing a hard drive,

fighting off hackers,
upgrading all my software,
installing fire-walls,
being threatened with being cut-off by my email provider,

and a host of other problems...

I have fixed my computer...

and NOW it works exactly the way I want it to!

Attachments

• computer.JPG
    computer.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 89