• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I had to look twice!

Tim Aucoin

I had to look twice at this image (how many vehicles do you see at first glance?). One of the coolest wrap jobs I've seen in a while... very creative! :thumb:

Attachments

• rmhtBR7.jpg
    rmhtBR7.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 78

2B

when the customer has a sense of humor and is open to new concepts, really interesting stuff can be done

Anicom

Gino, I used to see that AIM truck all the time in the business park where our shop is....it always got a lot of double-takes!

gspicer

Wow that is impressive. Does the illusion work as well in person? It actually looks like the wheels are under the car not the van, the perceived depth is amazing.

-Gregor

MikePro

nice share!
I saw a great photo of a wrap in Europe a while back.... matte black wrap on a similiar vehicle, but with a glossy overlay of a yellow Lamborghini aligned with the tires.

MrSalumi

What is the trick on the porsche wrap? Is the perspective coming from below or above? I'm not up to speed on that sort of thing but it looks awesome!!

TammieH

Those are some really ugly wheels on that Porsche, think they could have sponged for the custom wheel upgrade. ;p

Pat Whatley

No doubt! I actually think thats a pretty lame job IMO.

Okay, and admittedly the idea has been done 100 times, but the average person on the street is going to look at that and think it's awesome...and original because they've never seen it....and they'll remember it because the visual ploy is simple, the logo is strong, and the whole thing is very minimalistic.

They'll never notice the rims.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
To really confuse people they should have flipped the image and had it going to the left.

wayne k
guam usa

Craig Sjoquist

Yes a old idea..But done well.

..Notice 3 elements the eye looks at .. the full color car (placed well) the brand... what they do . back to the car.

NOT all over the place, not knowing what to see or read 1st or 2nd, that so many wraps are, basically a waste of money.

This is why reading the Mike Stevens Mastering layout is so important with good understanding ( for those who are serious about this trade ) not just possible money ya can make per sq ft.....This why VALUE is more important ..this why some shops make better money & have more work & there work always looks great, it is natural vision of what we see is right, but we don't know it till explained.

Notice this is a partial wrap no copy on the picture, & good contrast, this is advertising value.. remember advertising is ideas that have been done long before, just doing them right makes it work for your customers.

If you sell a full wrap for $6,000 on this van, that & it is filled with all kinds of bells & whistles, would it not make sense to study & do a great job like this for $6,000 that really has advertising value. ...bet you will remember that name & look it up.

johnnysigns

I'd totally do this if I had a Transit or something it would work on. All this needs is the porsche rims which isn't a big deal to add to the truck.