• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I hate my landlord, can someone help

Mike Christen

Hello all

I was away on vacation and my landload turned off power for a week to change ac. I have a roland sp300 and guess what happened, heads plugged. I have cleaned and cleaned, got all working mostly except for the black, nothing at all. I was able to get the blue working by using a syringe at the capping station tube but no black (same head). Is there a way to force ink through the black portion of the head only?? Any suggestions what to do?

Thanks

artbot

you mean the manifold. there are a couple ways. the most common is to fix a damper to a line that is about a foot long. then attach a syringe to the other end of the line and gently push cleaning solution into the head manifold.

you have to be very gentle because the head doesn't like positive pressure like that. also your head manifold may be dried up. for that, take out the head and take off the manifold. either put the manifold in ultrasonic or just jet cleaning solution through it.

Mike Christen

Thanks Artbot

I will do some research in the service manual to better understand what you just explained. I never have been into the dampers, manifold or heads yet. Im currently soaking the head so maybe i will get lucky with that. BTW power was off to the printer for about a week.

Thanks Again
Mike

signage

Did the landlord notify you that he was going to be turning all the power off in your rental unit?

artbot

here's a screen capture from a head replacement manual for a mimaki. it shows the general set up for the syringe. if you want, i can email you the entire manual which will give you a better idea of how the heads are screwed in and the removal of the dampers, etc.

aa

Attachments

• manifold fill.JPG
    manifold fill.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 65

SE SignSupply

Hello all

I was away on vacation and my landload turned off power for a week to change ac. I have a roland sp300 and guess what happened, heads plugged. I have cleaned and cleaned, got all working mostly except for the black, nothing at all. I was able to get the blue working by using a syringe at the capping station tube but no black (same head). Is there a way to force ink through the black portion of the head only?? Any suggestions what to do?

Thanks

1 week w/o power will not clog a head if they are capped when the power goes out.

Letterbox Mike

If you incur any costs or lost business I would absolutely take this up with your landlord. They are legally required to give you X days notice in writing before doing anything like this. If they just shut your power off for a week without notifying you or without your knowledge you should raise holy hell. A printer unplugged for a week is a recipe for clogged heads. Maybe they're recoverable, maybe they're not, but one way or another it's going to cost you money, time or lost sales because of down time, and that responsibility falls solely on your landlord for their lack of notification.

Sign Works

If you need a Roland Tech I know someone local and his rates are very reasonable. Let me know and I'll give you his e-mail address.

Salmoneye

I would be curious to see where they are required to notify you. Did you notify them that you had equipment that was sensitive to the power being turned off? That would make a difference.