• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I hate some customers

TheSellOut

blue here too, maybe with a hint of purple, but from the website it is obvious that their corporate colors are in the blue family

mark galoob

i had a cust several months ago that wanted navy blue cut vinyl for her lit box sign...i strongly advised against it because of obvious reasons, it freakin looks black...proofed on my moniter in my office and printed a copy for her...next time ill print that disclaimer on my proof copy...

navy blue it was and then she was upset and wanted to come talk to me. so i let her and when she got here she bitched and moaned about the color of the vinyl being black, and of course i showed her vinyl from the roll and she agreed it is what it is, but she still wanted me to do a free do over...i offered to redoo for 1/2 price since she insisted on the navy, and i thought that was more than fair...nope, re doo on my dime or she would not be happy...

long story short...shes not happy...ps her sign still looks great and in the right light it looks navy...

mark galoob

SignManiac

Hey A-hole <ahem> i mean Signmaniac, I like YOUR avatar almost as much as Mosh's new one....

(that's not going to read too nicely when you change your avatar now , is it? )

Great eye:thumb: But if the shoe fits, I wear it :) And it was Mosh that inspired me!

Pat Whatley

It was his file he provided....Along with the original photo he had me scan it from it was purple....Print was a set of business cards with a picture of a purple ice cube he ripped off of his corporate website. He was told in the beginning that it wasn't good artwork.

So did he provide you the file or did you scan it from a business card?

W

wetgravy

Here is the website he got the image from and the original image. You tell me what color you see. The part in reference is the ice cube in the center.

http://wellan2000.com/institut.php

5 pixels out from the ice it is more blue than purple and goes to a lt blue to dark blue gradient and the red in the rgb tag goes to a tiny level. If customer wants/wanted blue ... should have overlayed a cyan color layer over the art and set the blending to COLOR and he would have blue ice cubes.

If you pointed out that the art was going to be purple, not your fault ... just have to listen to the customer and tell them that if they want non-purple you are happy to change it ... for an art fee. .... just telling them it will be purple and showing no customer service skills ... your fault.

Oh and I am uploading the fixed image as i described. will print blue .. 2 seconds of work.

Attachments

• header-fixed.jpg
    header-fixed.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 100

Locals Find!

So did he provide you the file or did you scan it from a business card?

He provided the file. I just layed the text on the businesscard name phone etc.. that was as far as I was involved. Just basic typesetting.

He didn't want to pay for art charges. I warned him it looked kinda purple and asked if he wanted me to examine it closer and his response was it should be fine.

He is just upset that it printed exactly as you see it. The way wet gravy did it is I think what he thought he was going to get.

Firefox

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sorry I really just needed to vent before I committed a Felony on one or both of these customers.

If you do this do they allow you computer access in lockup?

Looks like reflex blue on my monitor.

Locals Find!

Those are the numbers I get. When you put those numbers through a 4color offset press you get burple, the original image color.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Let me get this straight Addie..............

You had discussions with your customer and knew he was expecting blue beforehand and he said it would print blue enough for him.... and even though you had prior knowledge this wasn't going to happen, you didn't show him an example of what your product would look like to him.... you still went ahead and printed the entire project wrong and are now placing the blame on him.

For crying out loud.... you're the supposed professional in this equation, why don't you start acting like one ??

It's a known fact... you and I don't get along, but please don't insult the intelligence of all the people in this community by placing blame on an innocent customer and trying to make us feel customers are responsible for your shortcomings.

The professional and honest thing to do.... if you had all this 'professional' insight would've been to explain and educate your customer and turn this into a win/win situation and you come out looking like an angel instead of some rip-off sign broker.​

Another reason your kind is not liked.... you don't know how to communicate. You even have yourself believing you're correct in this and now your trying to convince others you're right by using certain words and terms to justify your business ethics.
:noway:

cbsigns

i had a cust several months ago that wanted navy blue cut vinyl for her lit box sign...i strongly advised against it because of obvious reasons, it freakin looks black...proofed on my moniter in my office and printed a copy for her...next time ill print that disclaimer on my proof copy...

mark galoob
Did you use translucent vinyl or just standard vinyl?

Locals Find!

Let me get this straight Addie..............

You had discussions with your customer and knew he was expecting blue beforehand and he said it would print blue enough for him.... and even though you had prior knowledge this wasn't going to happen, you didn't show him an example of what your product would look like to him.... you still went ahead and printed the entire project wrong and are now placing the blame on him.

For crying out loud.... you're the supposed professional in this equation, why don't you start acting like one ??

It's a known fact... you and I don't get along, but please don't insult the intelligence of all the people in this community by placing blame on an innocent customer and trying to make us feel customers are responsible for your shortcomings.
The professional and honest thing to do.... if you had all this 'professional' insight would've been to explain and educate your customer and turn this into a win/win situation and you come out looking like an angel instead of some rip-off sign broker.​
Another reason your kind is not liked.... you don't know how to communicate. You even have yourself believing you're correct in this and now your trying to convince others you're right by using certain words and terms to justify your business ethics.
:noway:

This wasn't the first time we printed this Gino the case in question is the 5th time we have run this same artwork. It has come out the same color each and every time. Only now he has a problem with it because, for some reason he thought his cards were blue in his wallet. So sometime over the 3 months between runs he got it into his head it was blue and not burple. I have taken care of him and he is happy. I just needed to vent because, I was getting in a bad mood with this yesterday and was ready to do something stupid. Venting on here brought it back under control.

10sacer

Perhaps this is a great time for all involved to submit what their work order/job approval forms look like.

I am always interested to see what types of things all the experts cover in documentation.

CES020

We all need to vent from time to time, glad you got it all worked out and the customer is happy.

SignManiac

I don't vent, I repo their sign on Christmas morning for non payment. I found out I like playing mister Scrooge!