• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I Hate This Customer

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yo, what's wrong with you ??

It doesn't hafta be 72 virgins, but I don't want that. Take that back !!

If you don't, I'm gonna start asking really dumb questions.​

rossmosh

Brad has it right. As someone from a very culturally diverse area, the problem is simply cultural differences. They simply are not used to doing business the "American way" and as a result, it's a more difficult transaction.

The trick is to stand firm. I had a guy busting my chops over $3.50 a few days ago. I simply said the price is the price. Every time he'd say "It's just $3.50" I'd turn and say "If it's only $3.50, it shouldn't be a problem." Ended up buying the stuff and paid my price. He didn't deserve the discount so I didn't give it to him.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
No way....... you say your price. If they falter, you raise it by whatever you feel justified, regardless of their accent, color or background. If you figure all of these predujiced stupida$$ ideas into it...... you're no better than the other guy. It's still America, so conduct yourself accordingly.

signage

Every time he'd say "It's just $3.50" I'd turn and say "If it's only $3.50, it shouldn't be a problem." Ended up buying the stuff and paid my price. He didn't deserve the discount so I didn't give it to him.
I tell them that is correct it is only $3.50 now, the next tie they say it's only $3.50 I tell them they have wasted enough of my time and now it is $5.50 pay now or the price will just keep going up! "Time is money when you run a business"

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
We have afghans on a buncha our sofas. Never heard of any problems with them. Guess I'll hafta keep a better eye on them.

:omg2:
Geno,
doesn't your wife get after you for all the hair on the sofas? Those guys must shed like crazy.

Attachments

• afghanhound014.jpg
    afghanhound014.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 148

rossmosh

No way....... you say your price. If they falter, you raise it by whatever you feel justified, regardless of their accent, color or background. If you figure all of these predujiced stupida$$ ideas into it...... you're no better than the other guy. It's still America, so conduct yourself accordingly.

Understanding people come from different cultures is a prejudiced stupid$$ idea? If you picked up and moved to a different country tomorrow, you're telling me you'd pick up the local traditions immediately?

I'd say roughly 30-35% of my business is done with first generation Americans. I can tell you definitively that it's not an excuse when you bring up culture. Some of these customers are impossible because that's just their personality type, but a lot of them either don't know any better or are struggling to conform to a new set of societal standards.

dale911

President
Understanding people come from different cultures is a prejudiced stupid$$ idea? If you picked up and moved to a different country tomorrow, you're telling me you'd pick up the local traditions immediately?

I'd say roughly 30-35% of my business is done with first generation Americans. I can tell you definitively that it's not an excuse when you bring up culture. Some of these customers are impossible because that's just their personality type, but a lot of them either don't know any better or are struggling to conform to a new set of societal standards.

I agree. I learned this the hard way myself. There is another shop I do a lot of work with and he sends me customers to work with directly when he is buried. 90% of the time, they are from the Middle East. Since I didn't know the bartering culture, the first few times, I gave them a price and had them negotiating price. They also wanted it done right now, and are difficult to deal with generally to make them happy. It certainly not a racial thing. It's the product of the culture they were raised in and in the USA, people just love how they are used to. They don't change when they come here as we would be expected to do if we went to their country. That's the price of freedom. But you have to deal with them according to their culture so you get paid what the job is worth. Now I figure my price and at 75-100% and then let them barter it down so that I end up with my regular price plus a little bonus for dealing with them. It's just smart to know who you are dealing with and how their culture works to do the best job for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gino

Premium Subscriber

I agree. I learned this the hard way myself. There is another shop I do a lot of work with and he sends me customers to work with directly when he is buried. 90% of the time, they are from the Middle East. Since I didn't know the bartering culture, the first few times, I gave them a price and had them negotiating price. They also wanted it done right now, and are difficult to deal with generally to make them happy. It certainly not a racial thing. It's the product of the culture they were raised in and in the USA, people just love how they are used to. They don't change when they come here as we would be expected to do if we went to their country. That's the price of freedom. But you have to deal with them according to their culture so you get paid what the job is worth. Now I figure my price and at 75-100% and then let them barter it down so that I end up with my regular price plus a little bonus for dealing with them. It's just smart to know who you are dealing with and how their culture works to do the best job for them.

So, you guys are indicating you will convert to their way of doing things ?? That's very nice and considerate of you.

First of all, I'm not the one moving. I already live here and have no plans of going to any of these a$$backwards places and setting up business. They wanna do business here, then adjust and learn our ways or go down trying, but I am not gonna play their silly games.

Believe me, I haggle and I do it well, but I won't falsely raise my prices so they can do their thing and feel culturally safe. That is total bullsh!t. I know what my stuff is worth, I quote it and if they wanna haggle too far, I just tell them to go somewhere else, as I can't do it for what they want. Ya know, almost everytime..... they say.... oh alright, if that's what you must have, so be it.

I don't start a thing until I have 50% up front. The signs, trucks whatever..... do not leave the premises until paid for. If the sign is to be installed, I make sure they will have the balance ready before we leave or we don't do a complete instal. Again, this is not always the case, but if I feel some uneasiness towards them or any other customer, regardless of their color, creed or origin, that's how we conduct ourselves.

Unlike you guys, who evidently treat various customers differently, we treat them all the same, except for our long standing customers. To me, you guys are the hypocrites singling people out, based upon their origin or culture.

TimToad

sounds like an Indian. I quit dealing with them, life is better when you say NO! Always fussing always negotiating, always a PITA!

I just got an email from a perfectly pale, white, lifelong American citizen client who we've dealt with for years complaining about the install costs ($200.00) to put up a 2'x16' DiBond sign with a bucket truck 20 feet up on a wall because our guy was only there an hour.

Leave race out of it, its offensive and cheapskates and PITAS come in all colors and ethnicities. There's already more than enough hate running through this society from white people these days.

This morning our client will politely be informed that included in that cost is travel time to and from the shop, hardware, the higher hourly rate for using a bucket truck, etc. Sometimes clients just need to have things fully spelled out to them. If unable to diplomatically do that and leave racial stereotyping out of it, move to freakin' Iowa where the population is 98% white. I guarantee that you'll get the same issues from god fearing, all American white folk too.

Other cultures consider haggling and striking a good deal to be part of life. If you can't handle it without resorting to making racial stereotypes or gouging them you need to not do business with those you can't show respect to.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I just got an email from a perfectly pale, white, lifelong American citizen client who we've dealt with for years complaining about the install costs ($200.00) to put up a 2'x16' DiBond sign with a bucket truck 20 feet up on a wall because our guy was only there an hour.

Leave race out of it, its offensive and cheapskates and PITAS come in all colors and ethnicities. There's already more than enough hate running through this society from white people these days.

This morning our client will politely be informed that included in that cost is travel time to and from the shop, hardware, the higher hourly rate for using a bucket truck, etc. Sometimes clients just need to have things fully spelled out to them. If unable to diplomatically do that and leave racial stereotyping out of it, move to freakin' Iowa where the population is 98% white. I guarantee that you'll get the same issues from god fearing, all American white folk too.

Other cultures consider haggling and striking a good deal to be part of life. If you can't handle it without resorting to making racial stereotypes or gouging them you need to not do business with those you can't show respect to.

Yowsa..... talk about talking hate ??
  • perfectly PALE white..............
  • enough hate from white people..........
  • move to Iowa where it's 98% white................
  • can't show respect................

What the heck did you eat this morning that got your hemorrhoids all puckered up ??

Oh........ and for what it's worth, an hour in the bucket truck with travel time would've been a lot more than $200 for most sign shops. You don't need to explain a thing, if you quoted them the price upfront before anything took place. You're just wasting your breath on a long-time customer..... and you know it, if a client just needs to have things fully spelled out for them. You just wanna brow beat some white person is more like it.​

Johnny Best

Leave race out of it said:
Where do you get off judging "white" people about hate towards fellow man. that's the same as people making comments about Indians and Afgans.
Sounds like your calling the kettle black. You need to try and get your point across in a nicer manner yourself before throwing stones at whites and Iowans. BTW I'm pink not white.

reQ

Was stressful to deal with middle east people first... they are always asking for deals etc. Was stupid at first and allowed them to bend me over on some stuff because i wanted their business. But now they are no different than others. I give them my price & explain what they get. 9/10 they would say its to much blah blah blah but still will go with the price. I just don't allow them to dictate me their own prices.

P.S. On another note, i have a long term client, he is from India & runs restaurant. Never complain about prices. Only thing happened is when he was on the budget for certain advertising project that i was able to meet, but overall he is always happy with pricing etc.

TimToad

I'll confront ignorant bigots the way they should be dealt with. Head on.

You people disgust me and I'll make no apologies for it. The moderator should have done the right thing and nipped this thread in the bud a while ago.

We live in a melting pot country full of immigrants. Figure out how to work with people of all races, creeds, etc. or get out of a business that is needed by all.

This is 2017, there is no room for the kind of racism and bigotry this thread has spawned. As the dominant race and the one wielding most of the power and influence, white people are obligated to stretch their brains a little and face the reality of what kind of country we live in.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'll confront ignorant bigots the way they should be dealt with. Head on.

You people disgust me and I'll make no apologies for it. The moderator should have done the right thing and nipped this thread in the bud a while ago.

We live in a melting pot country full of immigrants. Figure out how to work with people of all races, creeds, etc. or get out of a business that is needed by all.

This is 2017, there is no room for the kind of racism and bigotry this thread has spawned. As the dominant race and the one wielding most of the power and influence, white people are obligated to stretch their brains a little and face the reality of what kind of country we live in.

Not to turn the thread any further, but I believe in standing up for my rights and others who have worked hard their whole life, including out forefathers who have made this place..... for so many others to wanna come to. If all these people wanna come here, let 'em, so long as they do it legally.

That out of the way, the ones who are here legally, let them learn our ways, not us learn their ways. That is completely wrong. They come here to better their lives, their family's lives and their family's future lives, just as all of our ancestors did. So why would I wanna do things their way when they come from a place they are running away from ??

Now, what gets me is..... suddenly, you're the big boss here. You're gonna decide who are bigots and who are not, like I would ever trust your decisions based on most of what I see and read from you.

Then, you go on to order the owner to shut this thread down, why..... ?? Because you can't get your way ?? People don't all see it like you??

Then, you go even further and say whites are the dominant race ?? What the f*ck is that all about ?? I thought you weren't a bigot ??

Then, you act like we're all stupid and tell us what year it is. Again WTF ??

I might be white, but I, under no circumstances, am obligated to stretch my mind in my own country. Let them learn our ways and customs when out. Whatever they do in their homes, restaurant, or caves is up to them, as long as they don't cause me or mine or my country any harm.

Lastly, why are you not apologizing ?? What do you feel you've done wrong or right ?? Is that something you just like saying whenever you get flustered ??

Sheesh, and I thought this was going pretty good with an occasional slur here or there, but you and you alone turned this political and racist, with your mightier than thou attitude.

Good thing you don't hafta deal with this sorta thing routinely or you'd be in a Loony Farm somewhere.

Johnny Best

First the Toad calls me a hateful white person in the morning, then tops it off with ignorant bigot in the afternoon.
This just started as a customer complaint but the minute someone mentions an immigrant it sets off the "dogooders" who love to name call as the Toad has done. The Toad is not facing it head on or accomplishing anything, but getting his frustrations out on people he thinks have got us in the political argument we all encounter now on a daily basis from the likes of him. Nobody means any harm or is really hateful. Just speaking their feeling as they encountered it.
I for one do not like to be judged by someone who takes internet conversation out of context and spews rhetoric and screams his frustrations at his make believe enemy.
And RJPW, you are shaking your head at something that never happened. It is just stories and real incidents that we all have encountered, we are just normal everyday working people making a living the best way we know how. It's called conversation among humans that has been going on since we migrated out of Africa and split up into different tribes and went to different regions and speak with different dialects. But because of war, geography and monetary seeking, more migration is taking place. I for one am pleased to be part of a great time in history. As the earth moves and releases energy with change, so do humans.

TimToad

There is no context other than the ignorant, bigoted words that have been said. I know a fact and truth free world is where the Know Nothings Movement v2 feels most comfortable, but everyone's posts are right there to be seen and judged.

Show me how I or anyone else in disagreement twisted those words out of context?

FWIW, I lived and worked until I was in my 30's in Chicago, the second most ethnically and culturally diverse city in America, if not the world. I know WTF I'm talking about from firsthand experience. Don't act like its that much of an assault on your freedom to be a bigot to watch your words on an open forum. Open forums should be viewed as if anyone of any background could be present and should have their identity respected. If you can't do that without the venom and bigotry, go elsewhere.

Obviously, the new owner of this site must not care what is said on his pages, but some of us do.

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
Obviously, the new owner of this site must not care what is said on his pages, but some of us do.

YOU know Mr Tim Toad I do run other business and don't frequent the site during the day, I just saw the thread now and you know what I don't care.....I personally feel if you come to this country LEGALLY you need to assimilate or LEAVE. I'm born from immigrants who came here legally and assimilated..

Johnny Best

Hey Toad, not all us posted bad stuff on here. It you love to call names and group people. Your no better than the people you call bigots. You use the word "us" like you have had a fire hose sprayed on you in Montgomery in the 60s. You just like being on the higher than thou bandwagon. You sir have a lot of animosity towards your fellow man. Lighten up.
Maybe the owner of this site feels the same way I do, that it is better to have people feel free to speak their minds. Not the way you want the world to be run from your bubble.