• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I hate what politics do to people

showcase 66

I hate dealing with all the political BS around this time of year.

I just had 3 guys in here and 2 of them were b!tching about the election (one didn't even vote) and the other was actually quiet about it.

One of the ones complaining wanted me to make a huge decal for the back of his truck that said Fxxx Obama. Told him I would not do it not because I was a supporter of Obama, but because I don't want my kids reading that crap on someones cars. He was pissed at me and finally left. I wouldn't have done it for someone who wanted a F Romney one if he had won.

Anyways, the quieter guy drops off his check for a down payment for his stuff and said he commended me for not making something like that. He leaves.

About 5 minutes later I hear yelling outside I run outside to see the first 2 guys beating the crap out of the quiet guy. Call the cops which one was about a block away who ends up braking it up and arresting the 2. The third guy has a broken arm, face swollen up horribly.

I have the whole thing on video and it is completely disturbing.

The first 2 guys when they left walked by the quieter guys car looking at it and then went to his truck got out a huge marker and wrote Fxxx Obama over an Obama sticker on the guys window. Once the quieter guy walked out to his car he went to open his door when one of the other guys got out of his truck and said something. The quiet guy turned around turned around leaning against his car listening and was saying something.

He then turns around to get into his car when one of the other guys slams his face into his car. After that both guys were on top of the quiet guy punching/kicking him while he was on the ground.

Seriously,
What the fcuk is wrong with people. All because he was a supporter of Obama, 2 Dcikheads think its okay to beat the crap out of him.

I don't care who you support or what you believe, just because I have a difference of opinion doesn't mean that I am right and you are wrong.

Stupid.

peavey123

I don't care who you support or what you believe, just because I have a difference of opinion doesn't mean that I am right and you are wrong.

Stupid.

We're taught to blindly abide by things that don't really make complete sense to begin with. ie. Republican or Democrat, Christian or Athiest. etc... It's not right that we need to choose between any of these things.
I think we are having a hard time keeping up with the changes that are happening these days. Things are evolving so fast, the information that is available to us now is more than anyone can ingest never mind comprehend. So what do dummies do? They pick a side and what you witnessed is a result. Sad.

WildWestDesigns

I've seen politics ruin families. Husband is for one side and the wife the other. Add in other issues and it can get downright nasty.

ThinkRight

That is pretty bad.
Did you hear about OleMiss ?
Romney was not my first , second or third choice but supported him.
He lost....
I go about my day like nothing happened.
I am not happy about it, but I am not mad either.
People take too much nonsense personally and let it bother them.
I hope those 2 guys get everything coming to them in jail !
A lot of Obama supporters there probably.

showcase 66

One of the police officers came back after the whole ordeal. He wants to know if I want to file a restraining order on the two who were arrested since my shop is on the same property as my house. The officers son is in one of my sons class and he knows my wife from the school.

Don't think I need to do that but then again, I didnt think someone would beat the crap out of another person because of how they voted.

Also the one who was complaining and did not vote, he didn't vote because he is a convicted felon and in AZ most convicted felons, lose their right to vote permanently.

lexsigns

OMG that is one of the most disturbing stories I have ever heard. Disgusting... These people call them selves Americans?

I would get the restraining order for your families sake. What is the guy convicted of?

CanuckSigns

I've noticed it myself over the last 10 years, there has become a HUGE divide between the right and left, to the point where people seem to think that what party they vote for should decide what vales they hold as an individual.

People are people, make your own decisions, don't let some political ideology be your sole moral compass.

Joe Diaz

Is it bad that I want to see this video.:covereyes: I live in a small town, where stuff like this rarely happens, sometimes it's hard to believe that people would get in a fight over what bumpers sticker someone has on their car.

Mike F

Terrible. Makes me sick what some people will do just because others have a different opinion and they "know" they're right.

Is it bad that I want to see this video.:covereyes:
Guess I shouldn't be too high and mighty though, gotta admit I'm curious too. Always have been when it comes to stuff like that. Wouldn't say I enjoy watching stuff like that, but it does, I dunno, I guess... intrigue me? Does that, like, make me a bad person?:help

What happened there?
Group of around 400 people who were angry about Obama being reelected started a riot that had "racial overtones".

rjssigns

Whatever happened to strong morals, values and ethics? Respect for others? When did people start thinking it's okay to stiff somebody out of money they earned, or steal their identity and go on a spending spree?

I am old enough to remember when a mans handshake was good as gold his word was his bond. When neighbors helped each other in tough times.

What the hell happened people?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Maybe they were just testing what might be covered under the affordable health care act.....
Stupid people will be stupid with little or no help from politics.

wayne k
guam usa

Craig Sjoquist

Was just listening to some of a report how America has changed & has gotten more casual about everything..Like a woman that drove the sidewalk to avoid A stopped school bus to let kids off & different stuff like this the fighting etc.

To me this all dates back to the Draft ..It takes 30 years for society to change & problems have been steady growing such as common sense respect, pride in country & considerations for others except when get out into rural areas it's alot better as it always has been.

Removal of the Draft in to service for the country, this means as a young teen your fear of what is next after HS is gone. Your directions of what to do after your 18 is gone. Where do you get that pride in country is gone. ..Of course I am not talking everybody.

So all these problems come to head because of, look at other countries on how they handle this.... Just my 2 cents

David Wright

Was just listening to some of a report how America has changed & has gotten more casual about everything..Like a woman that drove the sidewalk to avoid A stopped school bus to let kids off & different stuff like this the fighting etc.

To me this all dates back to the Draft ..It takes 30 years for society to change & problems have been steady growing such as common sense respect, pride in country & considerations for others except when get out into rural areas it's alot better as it always has been.

Removal of the Draft in to service for the country, this means as a young teen your fear of what is next after HS is gone. Your directions of what to do after your 18 is gone. Where do you get that pride in country is gone. ..Of course I am not talking everybody.

So all these problems come to head because of, look at other countries on how they handle this.... Just my 2 cents

Sorry, not buying it.

showcase 66

Just heard from the wife of the guy who was beaten up. He has a punctured lung, Right arm broke in two spots. She said he is missing 2 teeth and in a lot of pain. I feel so bad for him and his wife. Wish I would have just taken his check and sent him on his way when he walked in instead of dealing with the other 2 first. I had never seen him before today, I have only spoken to his wife.

Now I have the dilemma of his check. I dont want to ask his wife if they still want to proceed with the project, Kinda a rush job. I think I will just hold on to the check for a bit until next week before I really ask to much. I would assume they are more worried about him instead of the sign. Even if I wait until Monday to ask, I will have enough time to get it done for them.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We were offered Romney/Ryan bumper stickers from a friend of ours and my wife just casually said, thanks, but honestly, we won't be putting them on our vehicles. You're not safe anymore when you tag your car like that. There are too many crazies out there. I go to the grocery store, the mall, market and all kinds of other places and I don't want to advertise like that. Sorry......... but I'll take two for the front yard. :covereyes:

cajun312

A friend of mines 18 year old daughter got an old Kia suv for her birthday. She works two jobs and started college last month.
She put a Romney bumper sticker on the back window of her car. One day she pulls into McDonalds and is waiting in the drive through. A lady behind her blows the horn, she looks in the mirror and the lady is giving her the finger and hollering at her.

She pulls up to the window and sees the lady get out of her car and start walking towards the window. This lady is the size of a Saints offensive tackle. She starts hollering about why is there a Romney sticker on the car. The lil gal replied "cause I work two jobs". Luckily the lady couldn't fit between the drive in window and the car, so she started spitting and kicking the lil gals car.

Lil gal got her order and left, when she got to the second red light guess who pulls along side? The lady starts hollering again and the light turns green, Then the lady tried to run the lil gal off the road. She called 911 and the big lady was charged with reckless driving.

That could have turned out terrible.