• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I hate what politics do to people

tsgstl

Wow just had time to read this thread. Incredible, disturbing how worked up people get over politics. I try to stay independent (at least on the outside)
I have heard threats of violence and uprising if he got re elected. The unintelligent always fall for fear tactics. I don't mean all of one side or another. Some of these guys in the media (I use this term loosely) need to be tried for slander. Preaching hate for a dollar is low.

Last edited:

Flame

Was just listening to some of a report how America has changed & has gotten more casual about everything..Like a woman that drove the sidewalk to avoid A stopped school bus to let kids off & different stuff like this the fighting etc.

To me this all dates back to the Draft ..It takes 30 years for society to change & problems have been steady growing such as common sense respect, pride in country & considerations for others except when get out into rural areas it's alot better as it always has been.

Removal of the Draft in to service for the country, this means as a young teen your fear of what is next after HS is gone. Your directions of what to do after your 18 is gone. Where do you get that pride in country is gone. ..Of course I am not talking everybody.

So all these problems come to head because of, look at other countries on how they handle this.... Just my 2 cents

You're ****ing off your rocker. I wouldn't support a country who had a mandatory draft. I give the government my money, but if they want my body they'll fight me to death for it.

Back to the story though. That's ridiculous man. Are these guys good customers are just joe blows? Can't believe they'd start a fight over that, some people get way, way too worked up. What happened to mutual respect?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
You're ****ing off your rocker. I wouldn't support a country who had a mandatory draft. I give the government my money, but if they want my body they'll fight me to death for it...

One can pretty well divide up all those in these waters into those who have served in the military and those who have not simply from reading the drivel they write.

You kid, are most obviously in the latter category.

AzGene

The vitriol comes from both sides. A few years ago my mother in law, who has since passed, had to remove a Rush Limbaugh bumper sticker because of repeated fingers, being cut off in traffic and two tires sidewall slashed. She was 76 at the time.

Flame

One can pretty well divide up all those in these waters into those who have served in the military and those who have not simply from reading the drivel they write.

You kid, are most obviously in the latter category.

No duh. I'm all for misguided kids out of high school joining up the ranks to learn about discipline, work ethic and taking care of themselves. What I am not for is being forced to give up my freedoms for 4 years if it so be against my will.

If that makes sense?

Sorry I'm helping guide this thread way off topic here

showcase 66

Back to the story though. That's ridiculous man. Are these guys good customers are just joe blows? Can't believe they'd start a fight over that, some people get way, way too worked up. What happened to mutual respect?

The 2 that were arrested, I had never seen before. They said how they found me was that I did stuff for the company they worked for.

The one lady who started working for me a couple of weeks ago had an Obama sticker on her window. She has now taken it off. She was freaked out about it.

I am still in shock that something like this would happen like this in a small town.

Stupid is all I can say. Plain and utterly Stupid.

ruckusman

We're witnessing similar changes in mentality over here in Australia - what it really comes down to is excess anger, hatred and prejudice looking for a reason or cause.

Unfortunately we've got mean spirited people in the media, and, politicians willing to play to the lowest common denominator for their own gain, causing divisions in the process.

It's nothing new, it's been around for Millennia and is just seeing another resurgance.

Whatever happened to live and let live?

Sickening that some guy gets hospitalised because of who he votes for

AzGene

I hate dealing with all the political BS around this time of year.

I just had 3 guys in here and 2 of them were b!tching about the election (one didn't even vote) and the other was actually quiet about it.

One of the ones complaining wanted me to make a huge decal for the back of his truck that said Fxxx Obama. Told him I would not do it not because I was a supporter of Obama, but because I don't want my kids reading that crap on someones cars. He was pissed at me and finally left. I wouldn't have done it for someone who wanted a F Romney one if he had won.

Anyways, the quieter guy drops off his check for a down payment for his stuff and said he commended me for not making something like that. He leaves.

About 5 minutes later I hear yelling outside I run outside to see the first 2 guys beating the crap out of the quiet guy. Call the cops which one was about a block away who ends up braking it up and arresting the 2. The third guy has a broken arm, face swollen up horribly.

I have the whole thing on video and it is completely disturbing.

The first 2 guys when they left walked by the quieter guys car looking at it and then went to his truck got out a huge marker and wrote Fxxx Obama over an Obama sticker on the guys window. Once the quieter guy walked out to his car he went to open his door when one of the other guys got out of his truck and said something. The quiet guy turned around turned around leaning against his car listening and was saying something.

He then turns around to get into his car when one of the other guys slams his face into his car. After that both guys were on top of the quiet guy punching/kicking him while he was on the ground.

Seriously,
What the fcuk is wrong with people. All because he was a supporter of Obama, 2 Dcikheads think its okay to beat the crap out of him.

I don't care who you support or what you believe, just because I have a difference of opinion doesn't mean that I am right and you are wrong.

Stupid.

Showcase66, I've been giving this some thought. All we have is your post/story regarding this incident. On it's face it looks like a partisan hit piece. Please tell us exactly where this happened. If you have a video of this incident the uber left Az Republic as well as a multitude of MSM organizations will pay you money for that. If this story IS true then I will join you in the condemnation of those responsible. Please provide some corroborating evidence.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Now I have the dilemma of his check. I dont want to ask his wife if they still want to proceed with the project, Kinda a rush job. I think I will just hold on to the check for a bit until next week before I really ask to much. I would assume they are more worried about him instead of the sign. Even if I wait until Monday to ask, I will have enough time to get it done for them.

Very sad.

If I were you, I would do the work if you have all the details on what you need. Just put it together. Hold onto the check in case he decides he doesn't want it.

I guess I don't know how large of a project this is, but that's what I would do. Doesn't even matter if the sign gets used or if I get paid.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
People walk out their door everyday, not knowing what lies ahead. You take your life in your hands and most accept what comes their way.

In this case, the guy got beat up for no good reason, but that should not interfere with a business transaction. No one was killed, it didn't happen inside and you weren't hurt, so why not move on ?? I'm sure the quite guy will as soon as possible. Why didn't you ask his wife when you talked to her what they wanted to do. That would've been the time to gently say.... under the circumstances, do you think he still wants the signs ?? I totally understand if you guys wanna cancel the order or whatever, but I don't want you to feel obligated due to what just happened.

Nothing wrong with that. Had he been killed, then I would say different.

Had he placed the order with you, got in his car and was in an accident with his car four blocks away and you didn't know it and he was laid up for a few days, would you not be doing his signs anyway ?? Same difference. You just have some inside information and easily could've solved you own dilemma. Now you should call her and offer your pity and ask if they want to continue. Just be kind and gentle.

Christian @ 2CT Media

The sad thing is here in Arizona, its all coming to a head. There are nasty people on both sides of the political coin and in a state where it is majority Republican with a growing Minority population with Democratic influence, the writing is on the wall.

We are going to hear more of these stories over this next term and its only going to get worse. Here in my neighborhood out in San Tan Valley, there were 13 cars vandalized on election night after the results came in.

ova

Another side to this story might be if you are liable.

Do you own the property this took place on? Even if you don't and are just leasing, you might be held responsible for this guy's injuries.

When our car wash was open, we had a couple of customers get in a fight over whose turn it was to pull into the bay to wash. I wasn't there, but it seems like it got kind of physical and one of the cars got damaged and one of the participents was slightly injured. I knew nothing about any of this until I got a letter from an attorney about me paying for medical bills and car repair.

I turned it over to my insurance and they settled with the complainer.

Don't know if this would be the same as your incident, but I would be checking your options.

Dave