• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I have problem with my Mutoh 1604

nganoka386, do you use original mutoh inks, did you buy your printer from an authorized Mutoh reseller? This error occurs on Mutoh water based printers that use 3rd party inks when the period on their license to use these inks has expired. if this is the case, you need to extract the .mpi file from the printer using the MSA program. That file is then sent to Mutoh dealer where it will be modified to renew the license for another term and sent back to you as a new .ulk file. This .ulk file should then be installed on the printer. I normally ask for a 99,999 day license.

Btw, pinoy din ako, technical support ng Mutoh dito sa Australia.

ang dami plang pinoy dito nice to know you sir henryp! and correct siya sirnganoka386,
your mutoh i believe considering na 1 year plang ay galing kay multistique which is the dealer in Philippines, anfd they are using the msa program which inteded to lock your machine, and after that you will need to renew your liscense to them, but i have an idea and if you want i can tell you just give me a call, I encountered this before from multistique customer who is fed up with their service and dont want to go to them, we ended up replacing the mainboard.. but i have an i dea just give me a bump ill tell you what to do...

henryp

ang dami plang pinoy dito nice to know you sir henryp! and correct siya sirnganoka386,
your mutoh i believe considering na 1 year plang ay galing kay multistique which is the dealer in Philippines, anfd they are using the msa program which inteded to lock your machine, and after that you will need to renew your liscense to them, but i have an idea and if you want i can tell you just give me a call, I encountered this before from multistique customer who is fed up with their service and dont want to go to them, we ended up replacing the mainboard.. but i have an i dea just give me a bump ill tell you what to do...

Nice to know you too, timson ads. Hope to meet you sometime, maybe on a training course in Suwa, hehehe!

nganoka386

nganoka386, do you use original mutoh inks, did you buy your printer from an authorized Mutoh reseller? This error occurs on Mutoh water based printers that use 3rd party inks when the period on their license to use these inks has expired. if this is the case, you need to extract the .mpi file from the printer using the MSA program. That file is then sent to Mutoh dealer where it will be modified to renew the license for another term and sent back to you as a new .ulk file. This .ulk file should then be installed on the printer. I normally ask for a 99,999 day license.

Btw, pinoy din ako, technical support ng Mutoh dito sa Australia.

Hay salamat kababyan. Noypi ka pala. Oo yan nga problema ko. E pano po kasi nawala na yung companya tapos nag ka hiwahiwalay na yung mga empleyado. Multistiq po ang pangalan ng companya.

nganoka386

sabi ko na nga ba pinoy ka sa base sa diction ng grammar mo anyway try to text or call me 09157492040, mutoh tech ako from sanjuan, not from makati check natin anu nangyari dyan? kay multistique ba galing yan makina mo?

Sorry for that language guys, I'm just happy to see fellow pilipino forumer here....
thank you signs101...:smile:

Oo sa multistiq po. Hays Dami pala Noypi dito.. HAHA

nganoka386

Ok tatawagan ko po kayo. Pano to sir na upgrade ko na po sa 2.0 :noway:

henryp

Hay salamat kababyan. Noypi ka pala. Oo yan nga problema ko. E pano po kasi nawala na yung companya tapos nag ka hiwahiwalay na yung mga empleyado. Multistiq po ang pangalan ng companya.

I see! So wala ng Mutoh dealer/reseller diyan sa Pinas?

In theory, if you intend to use genuine Mutoh ink cartridges, you may still be able use the existing motherboard. Using the old MEA program, not MSA, upload and save the current the printer parameters (.prm) from the printer to your computer. Then go into the printer's diagnostic mode and reset the NVRam. The mainboard would then be like a brand new one so you will need to install the firmware. The printer would now be a VJ-1604. Using MEA again, download the original .prm file back to the mainboard. You need to use the old MEA program because the newer versions of MSA will not work in this situation because MSA checks the printer's serial number and firmware version before it will communicate the the printer.

Btw, I have not done this procedure before so get a second opinion from timson ads, just in case my theory is wrong.

Last edited:

henryp

Sir pwede po bang humingi ng Version 1.19 na Firmware .. ?

What is your email address? I can send you the V1.19 main firmware and the matching V1.15 heater controller firmware, you can post it here or send it by text message on my Smart 0921 6194492, naka roaming yan, hehehe!

nganoka386

What is your email address? I can send you the V1.19 main firmware and the matching V1.15 heater controller firmware, you can post it here or send it by text message on my Smart 0921 6194492, naka roaming yan, hehehe!

Tapos na po. Nakuha nyo po ba ?

heyskull

Hey wait a minute.....

This guy reckoned his machine was eco solvent and has turned out all of a sudden it is water based!
Also if his machine has later firmware Mutoh have made it very difficult to go back.

And lastly..... I do not want to sound biased or racist but it always seems very very rude for a thread to swap into another language and leave us all behind.
Especially if we were trying to help.

SC

henryp

Hey wait a minute.....

This guy reckoned his machine was eco solvent and has turned out all of a sudden it is water based!
Also if his machine has later firmware Mutoh have made it very difficult to go back.

And lastly..... I do not want to sound biased or racist but it always seems very very rude for a thread to swap into another language and leave us all behind.
Especially if we were trying to help.

SC

Sorry if you got offended, I always post in English, this is the first time I posted in our language and what I posted had nothing to do with the problem on hand. As you can see, they are one liners, just asking for his email address.

Anyway, to keep you updated, it seems his printer is eco-solvent but unlocked by his dealer so they can use 3rd party inks for a certain period. That period had now expired so the printer will not print . He needs a new code but his problem is that the dealer that sold him the printer is no longer operating, that is his problem.

heyskull

No problem.
What do you mean unlocked by dealer?
My question is were the dealers supposed to do this or was this a work around by a very dodgy dealer?

I have recently been in contact with a guy who has had his machine reset so it no longer needs chips or anything and always reads 100%.
Could this be the same work around?

SC

Angus23

ANGUS23
Hi to All !!! Mostly sa mga Parekoys

Did the issue regarding "Not Ready to Print solved"?
My Issue: Old mainboard suddenly boot loop with ver 1.09 everytime I turn the machine on.
Action Taken: Tried to replaced cmos battery done..
Download firmware / parameters from printer to pc ..Failed.
Installed spare mainboard.( 2.0 )...ink filled ok but in the end the "Not Ready To Print" prompt.
I tried to connect using MSA and MEA but still fail to connect to the machine.

Note:
Machine came from Korea / same for all consumables / parts.

Thanks,
Julius

henryp

Assuming you have setup the correct IP addresses in MSA, your computer, and the printer, try disabling Windows Firewall on your computer and see if that will let MSA connect to your printer