• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I just launched a Kickstarter project.

signmeup

I'm going to give a couple more days before I get any incentives going on. Thanks for the suggestions.

You guys haven't flown R/C planes before?! It's like video games but in actual reality. Google videos is full of them. If you like speed they have model turbines that are hitting like 300 miles an hour.

Adrian

CES020

I'm going to give a couple more days before I get any incentives going on. Thanks for the suggestions.

You guys haven't flown R/C planes before?! It's like video games but in actual reality. Google videos is full of them. If you like speed they have model turbines that are hitting like 300 miles an hour.

Adrian

You don't have to give them incentives, you just post up stretch goals. Stretch goals help generate more sales, so there would be no benefit to doing it later, rather than sooner.

Maybe put up a $15,000, $25,000, and $35,000 stretch goal. Doesn't have to be anything major or expensive. Could be as simple as additional decal sheets.

signmeup

Yeah, great suggestion Biker, you need some stretch goals posted. I don't fly the planes, but after watching that R-2 thingy video, man, I want one of those :)

The R2 is a very cool plane. Not sure what you know about them but it is a scale model of a 1931 pylon racer. It could hit 300 miles an hour. In 1931 the military couldn't hit 300 miles an hour...

Adrian

Biker Scout

I used to R/C fly all the time. That's actually how I got into Hot Wire Foam cutting... did the battle gliders for a bit too.

I gotta say, I'm real temped to pull the trigger on your kit. But I'd need more incentive. It's been so long since I've been into R/C planes that I'd have to get a new radio, (which usually costs more than the planes) and then there's the motors, servos, transmitter, miniature hardware, the skins etc... So if you had a kit that was quite a bit closer to RTF I think you could pull in more people that are just looking, and curious. A high wing is already a really great park flyer for beginners. You need to try and catch those people's attention.

signmeup

I used to R/C fly all the time. That's actually how I got into Hot Wire Foam cutting... did the battle gliders for a bit too.

I gotta say, I'm real temped to pull the trigger on your kit. But I'd need more incentive. It's been so long since I've been into R/C planes that I'd have to get a new radio, (which usually costs more than the planes) and then there's the motors, servos, transmitter, miniature hardware, the skins etc... So if you had a kit that was quite a bit closer to RTF I think you could pull in more people that are just looking, and curious. A high wing is already a really great park flyer for beginners. You need to try and catch those people's attention.

Radios have come down dramatically since I last bought one. I was amazed. Same with the electronics. The Chinese have taken over. They make very good stuff too.

My Super Cubs were designed from the start to be electric so they are very light for their size. They fly slower than most trainers. I used to fly the little one in the local school yard.

Adrian

CES020

Almost there!

Looks like it'll probably end up in the $12,000-15,000 range?

Good for you, glad it's about to get funded!

signmeup

No clue how high it will go but I'm pretty confident that I'll be needing to clear some space in the shop for honkin' big laser.

Adrian