• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I just launched a Kickstarter project.

SignManiac

Adrian,

I'm always a sucker for hot bikini clad chicks holding the model airplanes to display. Oh, but it's too cold in Canada for women to wear bikinis eh? :Big Laugh

Liked your kickstarter page. Never knew you were an RC plane guy? Cool, I got into them about thirty years ago and gave up after crashing them all. Skydiving was easier!

rdm01

Don't know if you are a member of EZoneMag.com, but an announcement on there may garner you quit a few hits.

CES020

They do cut some of it with lasers, but the standard off the shelf lasers sold to sign shops isn't going to do the best. You could probably get it done, but it's nothing something you probably want to do for a high volume.

Adrian, you should put that photo of the kit that's in the video on the main page somewhere, so people can see the kit.

signmeup

Last edited:

signmeup

So ... I'm 41% from my goal. It occurs to me that I have a sign forum full of friends who know all about promoting things. Anyone have any ideas on how or where I can I can stir up publicity for this thing?
My "product" has a very limited market so I've pretty much run out of ideas on things to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Adrian

CES020

Do you "do" the Facebook thing? If so, post a link to it there. Post links to it everywhere you can. I think you're doing great so far. 41% 3 days in is pretty awesome.

Biker Scout

You can sweeten the pot for potential backers. Say, if we reach our goal by say, the 15th, you'll include that airplane shrinky wrap skin stuff with every kit that gets pre-ordered. Then if that works, and once you reach your goal. Offer a stretch goal of say $10,000, then you'll include a motor and controller with every kit. And if you've got time left offer another stretch goal of a complete plane kit!

CES020

Yeah, great suggestion Biker, you need some stretch goals posted. I don't fly the planes, but after watching that R-2 thingy video, man, I want one of those :)

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
The R2 video helps a lot.
Now all you need to do is figure out how to mount a working laser to the planes and market them as DIY high speed drone killers.
Should be easy to take out those slow moving quad prop spider looking things....

wayne k
guam usa